Two Under 2

What did you do with LO #1 while in labor

I am not sure what to do about DS while I am in labor. I will be induced at 39 weeks, and have family 3 hours away. I already have asked a good friend to watch DS if I go into labor on my own before 39 weeks.

DH gets 1 week off work and thinks it would be better for my Mom to come out once he is back at work. Is it unrealistic to have DH go home with DS after my delivery and have my Mom come out a week later? What was your experience? Thanks!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What did you do with LO #1 while in labor

• My mom was here for 2 weeks surrounding my induction date. I went into labor on my own about 3 days before the induction date. It was at night so ds1 was sleeping. I drove myself to the hospital. When I arrived, I was 7cm. I stopped in the road several times for contractions. I dont recommend that unless your hospital is super close. It was really important to me that ds sleep schedule was not interrupted by bringing him to the hospital. I thought that would cause bigger problems.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We don't live near family, so DD1 went to a good friend's house, when I went into labor.  Luckily, I went into labor shortly before bedtime, so I put DD to sleep at my friend's house.  DD2 was born around 9 a.m. the next day.  DH picked DD1 up at our friend's after she woke up from her afternoon nap.  They came to visit me at the hospital and then DH took DD1 back to our house.  I really wanted to keep her routine as normal as possible.  I was discharged about 30 hours after DD2 was born (I hate hospitals and want to leave ASAP).

Once we were at home, DH was on DD1 duty.  If she needed anything at night, it was his responsibility and he would also get up with her in the morning, so I could get some extra rest.  My mom came out after DH went back to work and that worked out well for us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • i was just thinking about this myself today as well. we have never left LO overnight before and i think if i'm in labor overnight then i'll haver either my MIL or SIL stay with LO at our house but if not i'll have DH go home after the delivery and stay with LO and come back in the a.m. I'd like to keep Lo on his routine and as comfortable with his surroundings as possible during the whole transition.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We live close to my grandparents, and my daughter is very comfortable with them, so we decided she would stay there while I was in the hospital. I went into labor at 11 PM and took my daughter to my grandparents' house at 2 AM on the way to the hospital. DH went with me and stayed with me for my entire hospital stay. DD came to visit us every day in the hospital.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• My mother-in-law lives 5 minutes from us so she came over.

Can you ask a close, trusted friend? Or what about your daycare provider (if you are not a SAHM)?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had a really good friend (she's single with no kids) watch my DD.  My water broke at 12:30 at night so DD was sleeping.  My friend took her to daycare during the day, my DH picked her up from there and gave her dinner/bath and put her to bed.  My friend would come back at night and stayed with her so that my DH could come back to the hospital.  We have no family within 8 hours of us..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we actually had to bring him to the hospital with us and my MIL picked him up
  • Our situation is a bit different since our family is all close by. My MIL is retired and lives less than 5 minutes away from us so she's our first contact if I go into labor on my own this time. The plan is for her to watch DD anyway if we end up having to schedule another c-section.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"