New to The Bump

Update & Introducing Myself

I have been posting the past few days as I thought I was pregnant due to missing 3 pills in a row while ovulating & having unprotected, an off period (not an actual period and not 'no' period) and 2 weeks of consistent symptoms .... now, after 1 blood test, 2 AH tests and 1 ultrasound I am seemingly not pregnant and without an ovarian cyst... so, bad & good news. I have been instructed to take another blood test in 1 week and wait to see if my next AF rolls around ... we'll see.

Funny thing is, we weren't trying and the knowledge that I am 'not' preganant after 3 weeks of thinking it was definitely possible is surprisingly devestating. I feel defeated and like my body is wigging out on me for missing those pills. But on the positive, I think this experience has shown us that we're ready to TTC ... we are thinking we'll enjoy this summer together & our 2 year wedding anniversary in September and then TTC.

Any advice from other newbies? I am planning on reading up on ovulation and tracking, definitely want to have the preconception chat with my OB and start saving some $. I would love any feedback from women who were on the pill and then started TTC, anyone in their mid 20s (i'm 24/almost 25) and anyone with a demanding job (I'm a EA to the CEO of a huge company) ... how do you manage the stress of TTC, the changes to your body post pill and staying calm.

On a different note, up to what month of pregnancy do you suggest traveling? We have a huge east coast trip next March/April to 3 different cities in 7 days and I definitely want to be a part of it ... kind of want to TTC knowing I can still go on the trip.

Very excited to be new to the bump and looking forward to the day we TTC. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update & Introducing Myself

• welcome, as far as traveling personally past 30 weeks it can get more difficult but still doable.

You can fly up to 36 weeks but obviously you risk going into labor so just take that into account. 

Head on over to TTGP (trying to get pregnant) or Babies on the Brain to find some others who are like you

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Welcome to the board and good luck :)

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"