Upstate NY Babies

Moving to Albany in 3rd trimester - dr recommendations?

We are moving to Albany (Latham, actually) in the middle of my 3rd trimester so I need to find a new OB to deliver my baby (lucky me).  I've gotten recommendations from my husband's work, our relator, etc and have narrowed it down to a couple choices - Dr. Elina Burstyn or Dr. Cheryl Burack. 

Having met neither of them so far, I like Dr. Burstyn because she practices alone and would definitely be the one to deliver the baby.  Dr. Burack is part of a larger practice with call rotation so any one of the dr's (male or female) at her practice could deliver my baby.  I personally prefer a female OBGYN and also from reading online it seems like she has pretty negative reviews. 

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on Albany-area OB's?

Re: Moving to Albany in 3rd trimester - dr recommendations?

• I have heard great things about Dr. Burstyn. That said, don't necessarily count on having her deliver you. If she is delivering other patients or on vacation she would have someone covering for her. Personally I liked having multiple dr's at my first ob...I saw all of them during my pregnancy so I was at least familiar with all of them. 

Also look into which hospital you would want to deliver at. We have many here. I delivered at Bellevue in Niskayuna, and had a very positive experience with my induction.

I've also heard great recs for Dr. Irani, and also any of the dr's at Carenet in Niskayuna.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I moved to Albany in my third trimester too! I am originally from the area so I had a lot of friends who live her and have had their babies. I had heard a lot of good things about Mondragon and McGrinder who have a practice in both Schenectady and Clifton Park....not a far drive from Latham.

With that being said, because I moved 6 weeks before my due date I met the dr who ended up delivering my daughter once. Granted, I literally pushed twice so there wasn't much for him to do. Oh I should also mention that Mondragon is a woman and McGrinder and Stier are men. I am completely okay with men which I never thought I would be.

Anyway, another thing to think about is where these dr's deliver. I had my daughter at Bellevue which was nice but you run the risk of sharing a room...there is no cafeteria so food there wasn't good and there isn't anything in the immediate vacinity to get. (food was important to me haha)

I've heard good things about St Peters and I believe in Albany Med all rooms are private.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • My ob is Dr. Kelty- I love him- he actually was the doctor on call when I delivered and I loved him so much I switched to his practice for this pregnancy.

I delivered at St.Peter's and it was fine- I had a private room and now they just finished a remodel and all the rooms are private.

Since you asked specifically- I have heard about Dr. Burack and I've heard good things.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My OB is Dr. Burstyn and I love her. I tried out a couple practices before her and I am so glad I found her. She is amazing, as is all her staff. She delivered Aiden at Bellevue and it was a really great experience. She is seeing me for this pregnancy too. I couldnt be happier. I know quite a few ladies on this board see her and I have yet to hear someone comlain. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Welcome to Albany (soon)!  When are you due?  I'm expecting my first in September and will be delivering at St. Mary's in Troy with Dr. Deborah Basso.  I've been very happy with her so far - she has a great sense of humor.  The birthing center at St. Mary's is nice, also all private rooms. 
  • Welcome! I pink fuzzy heart my OB group..

https://www.obgynalbany.com/

Dr Osterdahl delivered LO - but I saw all of them during my pregnancy..Good Luck! Geeked

Where in Latham? I'm in Loudonville, which is about 10 min south.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerwww.peekinsidethecloud.blogspot.com
  • imagechristina39:

Welcome! I pink fuzzy heart my OB group..

https://www.obgynalbany.com/

Dr Osterdahl delivered LO - but I saw all of them during my pregnancy..Good Luck! Geeked

Where in Latham? I'm in Loudonville, which is about 10 min south.  

They were my group- I switched from them... 

• I delivered at Bellevue and had a pretty good experience there.  The staff was great, I really liked the lactation consultants there also.  My OB no longer has a private practice, but I have also heard awesome things about Dr. Burnstyn and plan on going to her for my annual this year.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"