South Florida Babies

Kicks, Bites, Screams....

My  little Leila has always been a sweet, happy, playfull, loving baby....  Until recently, when although still the above, she has developed this screaming and kicking need for any little upset she gets.  She has bitten me twice already. 

I try to distract her or talk to her nicely but firmly which has always been my method but now it just makes things worse.  There have not been any changes in our lives so I have no idea where this is coming from.

I am not sure what to do, she is 19 months old and I am thinking of starting time out which I know is a minute per age...  Does anybody have any suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Kicks, Bites, Screams....

• Welcome to the terrible 2's!  We started time out at 18 months, and have used it since.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not.  We also ignore(d) the screaming tantrums.  When he would hit, I would just hold his hands, tight and explain to him that they are not for hitting...sometimes that works.  For biting, not everyone will agree with me, but I bit him back.  It was not hard at all, but enough for him to realize that it was not a good feeling it did not even leave a mark.  I know it seems a bit extreme, but he bit me once, and then never again. 

Good luck!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"