Washington Babies
Options

Kindergarten Graduation

If you were invited to a Kindergarten graduation party, would you think you were supposed to bring a gift?  We are going to have a small party for him just before his graduation at a pizza place and bring a cake.  It's no big deal, but I am going to send invitations out (so I can hopefully get RSVPs and also so I have one for his scrap book), I really don't want anyone to think they have to bring a gift, but I know putting "no gifts" or something similar on an invitation isn't proper.  

T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.

Re: Kindergarten Graduation

• Options
    I probably would bring a small gift, something fun, like some new books or art supplies, but I wouldn't feel obligated. People get excited about these kinds of things, so I'd just not worry about it; if someone wants to bring him a gift, they will. Also, I would figure that most people coming would be family members, who may randomly get him gifts at times anyway.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsEditorJax:
    I probably would bring a small gift, something fun, like some new books or art supplies, but I wouldn't feel obligated. People get excited about these kinds of things, so I'd just not worry about it; if someone wants to bring him a gift, they will. Also, I would figure that most people coming would be family members, who may randomly get him gifts at times anyway.

Ditto exactly! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebaby_austin7/25:

but I know putting "no gifts" or something similar on an invitation isn't proper.  

Embarrassed

Really?  I didn't know this and I did that on all of Walters birthday invites so far.  Shame on me!

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options

I think writing "no gifts please" is only against the "rules" for weddings... I think it's perfectly fine to do for other things... 

I would probably bring a gift... Again, probably a book or something.  Nothing big. 

• Options

imageWatchPot:
    Really?  I didn't know this and I did that on all of Walters birthday invites so far. Shame on me!

No worries, it's a nice gesture. It's just more polite to not mention "gifts" in any fashion on a formal invite. It implies someone would bring a gift (which they might and if they do, it was their desire to do so and you accept graciously - hence a "gift"). I put "no gifts please - your presence is your present" on my follow up evite for head count though.

An FB "friend" literally just posted wish lists from Target, Amazon and Wal-Mart for her two-year old's birthday.. was appalled.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"