Working Moms

Sleeping at Daycare

My son was previously in a home daycare where he would sleep in a  room by himself and was taking two naps of about 1 1/2 hrs a day.  We decided to switch him to a center due to some issues we were having with the in-home provider. He started at the center about 3 1/2 weeks ago and is still not taking naps there. I think he's just distracted by everything going on there.  

I've been trying to be patient and hope that he eventually goes back to his old napping schedule, but that doesn't seem to be happening.  He's so tired all the time now and I feel horrible for him.  Any ideas how to get him to sleep better there?  Any success stories on babies eventually sleeping better at daycare or do I just need to assume this is our new normal?

Re: Sleeping at Daycare

• It took my girl 3 months before she would nap at daycare.  Sorry no tips here.
  • Just give him some time. He's in a new place with lots of new sounds, smells, distractions! It took DS2 a good month to take his first hour long nap. He still has days where he just catnaps but most days, he gets at least 1 hour long nap then the rest are cat naps. Just takes some time to get adjusted. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • When my DS switched from an in-home to a center at 9-10 months he also had issues napping at DC.  I went with him to DC one day during nap time and "helped" him go to sleep by patting his back and stuff.  I don't know if it was a coincidence but after that he didn't have any issues.
  • DD has never napped as long at daycare as she does at home. She's lucky to get one 1.5 hour nap at daycare. She usually gets double that at home...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"