Adoption

"Where'd you get her?"

@#@**!  was what I wanted to say.... this was the first time I heard those exact works.  A nurse whom I worked with saw her picture and asked the question.

I just needed to vent... ARGH!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months

Re: "Where'd you get her?"

• And then I would have *accidentally* tripped her.
  • How insensitive.

Part of me would want to be a smart a** and say, "Target" or "a stork"

But the other part of me would want to trip her...

Experienced infertility during first marriage, diagnosed with PCOS in 2008.
    Married my amazing husband May 22, 2010
    Became Step-Mom to 2 boys.
    Husband had vasectomy in 2004 during first marriage.

Adoption Is Our Path!
    Application sent March 29, 2011 First Meeting with CW: April 25, 2011 Final Visit and home visit: August 16, 2011
    September, 2011 - told we are ready to be considered by birth parents. Officially WAITING!

Spring of 2012, we start to work with a Consultant and apply with a few agencies around the US

June 2012 - we are MATCHED
    July 25, 2012 - Our SON was born in Arizona
    August 8th, 2012 - we flew home with our baby
    Awaiting Finalization

My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • My answer is generally "God."

People can be really rude.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
  • We have already had some #($* comments about FS.  He is black, and my oh my he is the CUTEEEEEST thing!  So here it goes...

1. My friend met him for the first time, and couldn't get over how cute he is.  then she said, "Oh, and he isn't THAT dark so that's good!"  WHAAAAA?  Mind you, she is Puerto Rican!  I really don't get it...  But, she is also the friend who says things all.the.time about how she wishes I could have a bio child so I could experience what a "bond" it is.  Go blow yourself honey...I have a GREAT bond with DS and will with FS too!

2.  Our other friend met FS when my husband brought DS over to play.  She fawned over him as well, but then asked DH how we felt about raising a black child and the questions that will go along with it.  Then she said, let me clarify...DS1 could pass as yours, so questions probably dont come up (which they really dont).  So, now that this one CANT pass as yours, do you think it will be hard?  WELL DUH I know it will be, but what is so wrong with that?

3.  My brother.  Yes, my brother.  He was trying to be funny, but he asked what nationality our next one was going to be.  He said, "maybe white?"

UUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

The thing that really hurts I think is that I did NOT choose my children, they chose me and God brought them to me.  They are a BLESSING.  I don't care if they are white, black, pink or purple.  All that matters is that they are MINE.  Who cares if they are not biological?????  This is all coming from very naive people who have NEVER had to even bat an eye to have children, so really what can I do??

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I dislike that question A LOT!!!!

"God same place all children come from" is my polite answer but for very rude people I have a different answer :0

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers ***DS 08/27/05***DS 07/08/08***DS 03/22/10***DD 11/20/11**** M/C 09/04/04 M/C 11/15/04 M/C molar pregnancy lost twins second tri 05/14/07 M/C 09/29/07 M/C 02/21/11
  • image2ndTimeEpiphany:

How insensitive.

Part of me would want to be a smart a** and say, "Target" or "a stork"

But the other part of me would want to trip her...

LOL! i get this question alllll the time! i would find a smart a** answer cuz it gets really old!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • UGH. Vent away!!!! So frustrating!  

ps silliest, we are moving forward with the situation and are so excited, not an official match yet but we're hopeful! 

• imagesummergirl79:

UGH. Vent away!!!! So frustrating!  

ps silliest, we are moving forward with the situation and are so excited, not an official match yet but we're hopeful! 

Yea!!!!! :)

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • I always say the stork :)
  • My mom was notorious for giving smarty answers to this question. I'm mixed, and my adoptive family is very white, and I remember being about 6 years old at the zoo with her, my cousin, and my brother (also adopted, but white), and an older woman approached us and said to my mom "Your children are beautiful! And where did you get her, the little ethnic one?" pointing to me, to which my mom responded (very sweetly and very seriously) with a little smile, "Oh, you know, I picked her up at a Macy's last weekend. On sale, too, can you believe it!"

Cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, breast-feeding, C-section Mama Photobucket
  • Nordstrom.  Pricey little bugger :)
  • image*Willis*:
    Nordstrom.  Pricey little bugger :)

:)  I'll have to remember that one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kekiskekis member
    People are so rude.  Seriously?  Do women who have bio children say, "Out of my vagina?"  Luckily you have the class and heart to overcome the idiots.
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am going to have to remember these in case I need to think quick in the future. Surprise

We aren't sure who our sons birthfather is, but the birthmother is pretty sure he is AA (there were two or three other possibilities besides him) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"