Upstate NY Babies
Options

Why is she doing this and how can I get her to stop?

Zoey has been completely potty trained since like September, but she still wears a diaper at naptime and bedtime.  Recently she has started to strip down and take off all her clothes and diaper at basically every nap and bedtime.  At first I thought it was because she could feel that she was wet in the cloth diapers, so I switched to disposable pull ups thinking they would help her not feel the wetness.  It seemed to help a bit at first, but now she is taking the pull ups off too. 

And now these past few weeks, she will take the pull-up off and purposely pee on the floor of her room.  I will make sure that she goes potty right before we go upstairs for naptime/bedtime, but it doesn't matter.  It's like she doesn't completely empty her bladder just so that she can pee on the floor. Ugh!  What the heck?  I am so frustrated and sick of cleaning up pee all the time, but I have no idea how to get her to stop. 

Any thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why is she doing this and how can I get her to stop?

• Options
    hmm. I have NO idea..  I am sure its just some sort of phase.. there might be no rhyme or reason to it.. Could you try just letting her wear underwear at bedtime? Maybe its a rebellion against the pullup/diaper? If she's gonna pee on the floor one way or another, the underwear can't hurt, right? LOL.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

I would say just let her wear her undies and wet those.. my aunt actually did that when she was PTing her kids, she said for them peeing in their undies was unbearable and it sped up the PTing process.

We use chuk pads in the bed.. it is like a waterproof quilted square, like the ones they put under you after you give birth.  So then if she wets the bed, you can just change the sheet and the chuk.

Hopefully she won't pee again on the floor though, I don't know why she would do that!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMelissaSue81:
    hmm. I have NO idea..  I am sure its just some sort of phase.. there might be no rhyme or reason to it.. Could you try just letting her wear underwear at bedtime? Maybe its a rebellion against the pullup/diaper? If she's gonna pee on the floor one way or another, the underwear can't hurt, right? LOL.

Haha.  Good point! :)  Actually I thought she really liked the pull ups because we got the ones with Dora on them so she was excited about them. Maybe I will try just underwear for naps for a few days and see if it makes a difference.  Washing her sheets if she wets the bed is no more of a pain than having to clean the pee spots from the rug.  I don't think she could make it through the night with no diaper though.  She is still pretty soaked in the morning when she gets up. 

• Options
    Potty training underwear that will hold a pee?  A Little potty seat in her room so she can pee in that instead of the floor?
  • Options

imageTinyPinkBug:
    A Little potty seat in her room so she can pee in that instead of the floor?

I've seen this on other boards, and it seems to work.

• Options
    Hmmm....I never would have thought about putting a little potty in her room. It may be worth a try, but we actually don't even have a little potty just the one that goes on the top of the toilet, so I hate to spend the money if it's not going to make a difference. Maybe I could find one super cheap. Or would it be awful if I bought one and than returned it if it didn't work? I mean if she doesn't actually ever pee in it, it wouldn't be gross to return a potty seat, right?
  • Options
    Walmart or Target have little potty seats for like $9-$10.  They are really cheap.  It also may be nice to have one for long road trips?  We will definitely be taking a portable potty on our next road trip!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"