Upstate NY Babies

Natalie is breech right now. :/

Went for my first weekly nst/bpp and a growth scan today. Nst went great.. she did need to be buzzed for both that and the bpp but once she woke up she looked great. But she is breech. Oddly her head is on the opposite side of my belly as where I had been feeling what I thought was her bum, but was apparently her head,  for the past couple weeks. The tech and the mfm both tried to assure me there is plenty of time to flip still.. I know its still techically "early".. but I am not convinced. Eve was head down at every scan from 18 weeks on. Nat was head down at 18, transverse at 24, and breech at 32. She went the wrong way!

Also.. she is a bit smaller than eve meausred... eve was always between the 40th and 50th %.. Natalie is at the 22nd right now..4lb 1oz.  I think she was more like the 45th at 24 weeks. MFM said its Okay though.. and maybe that's better since she will have more room (in theory) to flip.  I actually just went back and looked and Eve was 3lb13oz at 30 weeks, And 4lb 15oz at 34 weeks exactly, so Natalie is only a tiny bit smaller, I'd say.

I  had my regular ob appt after that  too. Still no set date since I just saw the np.. (and who knows, everything could change if she stays breech!) but everything looks good and I actually lost a few lbs since last time..probably a combo of. The fact that I was swollen a little last time and being sick for 2 weeks and lighter clothes but its a good thing.. I'm only up abt 15lbs total.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth

Re: Natalie is breech right now. :/

• If it is any consolation, my first DD didn't flip til 37 weeks.. I'd say since Natalie is small and this is your second preganancy, it would seem like there's a good chance of her flipping.  I can't believe you're so close already! 
  • Glad that the appt went well but sorry to hear that she is breech. Hopefully she will turn around. You could always try doing some flips in the pool like Shannon did. Do you think the people at eve's swimming lessons would think you were nuts? :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageskroops:
    Glad that the appt went well but sorry to hear that she is breech. Hopefully she will turn around. You could always try doing some flips in the pool like Shannon did. Do you think the people at eve's swimming lessons would think you were nuts? :)

hahah!

Like you said Melissa, it's still early- my kiddos were every which way and didn't stop moving positions until like 34 weeks.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageskroops:
    Glad that the appt went well but sorry to hear that she is breech. Hopefully she will turn around. You could always try doing some flips in the pool like Shannon did. Do you think the people at eve's swimming lessons would think you were nuts? :)

hehe.. I'm gonna give it like two more weeks and then I'll be doing flips in the pool.. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Glad to hear all is well...I'm sure she'll flip for you in the next couple of weeks. 

And can I say I'm super jealous about your 15 pound weight gain? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS didn't turn until I was 37 or 38 weeks so there's still hope.
  • Awww, I hope she flips for you!  My sister was breech and my mom said she slept in a lazy boy chair upside down for a week.  Whether it was luck or not, she flipped!  And that was within a few weeks of her due date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"