Special Needs
Options

is this a sign of being on the spectrum or i sthis normal behavior?

Hi.... 

My almost 3 year old gorl does not listen to me. When I tell her to come here or do something, a lot of times she just ignores me...i use to teach at an elem school before I had her. I got my class to listen. Why wont my almost 3 year old listen to me? Is tis normal? Is this a sign of autism?

Re: is this a sign of being on the spectrum or i sthis normal behavior?

• Options
    Totally normal.  I call it selective hearing :)
  • Options
    If it were a little boy I'd call it "male pattern hearing". But in all seriousness, if combined with other issues it could. Even since DS was about 9 months we'd laugh at his male pattern hearing and "aloofness". We always said that he just wasn't interested in what we had to say, or whatever we showed him wasn't exciting enough. It wasn't until he was closer to 3 that other spectrumish qualities emerged that were more apparent.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would have her hearing checked...or just check it yourself by saying something out loud while you are turned around that she likes....Do you want ice cream? ect..if she responds to those types of questions and not to ones where you are telling her to do something then you know she just does not want to listen to you at times...if she is not responding at all get her hearing checked...way too may people jump to autism first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"