Upstate NY Babies

Opinions on Names?

DH and I have narrowed it down to 3 names and would love to hear what you ladies think...

Jackson

Parker

Chae (my maiden name and what everyone calls my father), if we don't name the  baby Chae, it will be the middle name.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Opinions on Names?

• Of the 3, Parker is my favorite.
    image        image
  • DH and I have narrowed it down to 3 names and would love to hear what you ladies think...

Jackson-LOVE this name. It is popular though, so be prepared that he will probably have other Jacks or Jacksons in his class.

Parker- Not a fan of this for a boy. My DH loved this name, but I nixed it. I think of a girl when I hear it. But to me its so so.

Chae (my maiden name and what everyone calls my father), if we don't name the  baby Chae, it will be the middle name. How is this pronounced? Like Chay?

My opinion is to not ask opinions and name your baby what you want :) Everyone is going to have an opinion and it won't always be favorable. It shouldn't matter what anyone thinks, only you and DH. My family didn't care for my favorite name for our DS and preferred my husband's choice. But we decided to go with my favorite and now they love it. Good luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I personally like Chae because of the family connection and because there wont be 4 others in his class...

• I really like Jackson the best of the three.

I also love maiden names as first names. If your maiden name is pronounced with a hard Ch then, I like Jackson Chae.  If it's more like "shay" then I really like that as a first name, but be prepared to have people mispronounce and misspell it all the time!  I'm sure you know just how often since it was a part of your name once.

• I love Jackson & Parker. Ok I LOVE love Parker- it was my #1 choice for B but DH hates it :( I like Chae as a middle name
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like your maiden name as his middle name.  I think either Parker or Jackson would sound good with Chae behind them and then your last name.
  • Jackson!!!! Hands down is the best
  • I always wanted Jackson for a boy but that's because of a personal connection.  I do think it's very popular but I still love it.

Parker - I love this name for a girl.  There are two Parker's at DDs daycare that are boys though and it seems to fit them.

Chae - When I talk preschool there was a Che (should have the accent over the e) in my class and I really liked the name. He would definitely have his one name instead of always having his last initial tagged on which would probably happen with multiple Jacksons in one class.

• I like using Chae as a mn only because of pronunciation and spelling issues you would have, but I love the family connection.  My DS is named after my grandmother's mn so I like doing this, but the name lends itself to use as a traditional fn (Reed). 

I think I like Parker better mostly because  Jackson is SOOO overdone right now.  Add in all the spelling variations and Jacks and he would be one of many.  Parker is starting to be a bit unisex so be aware of that too.

• imagemountainkimi:

DH and I have narrowed it down to 3 names and would love to hear what you ladies think...

Jackson-LOVE this name. It is popular though, so be prepared that he will probably have other Jacks or Jacksons in his class.

Parker- Not a fan of this for a boy. My DH loved this name, but I nixed it. I think of a girl when I hear it. But to me its so so.

Chae (my maiden name and what everyone calls my father), if we don't name the  baby Chae, it will be the middle name. How is this pronounced? Like Chay?

My opinion is to not ask opinions and name your baby what you want :) Everyone is going to have an opinion and it won't always be favorable. It shouldn't matter what anyone thinks, only you and DH. My family didn't care for my favorite name for our DS and preferred my husband's choice. But we decided to go with my favorite and now they love it. Good luck!

It is pronounced "chay" and actually is orginally spelled Choe but after talking with my DH and my husband we decided that if it is a first name we will spell it Chae so that people will more likely say correctly. If it is the middle name we would spell it Choe.

And, I know that asking opinions could be dangerous but I like the feedback and right now its a three way tie and am happy to hear people's reactions.

Thanks for responding!! :)

• I LOVE the name Parker.

I really like Jackson too but the popularity has gotten out of control with all the Jackson/Jack/Jax/Jaxon/etc. 

I really like the idea of using Chae as a middle name and I think it sounds great with both first names on your list.

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"