Snarky and T-TTC

How would you respond?

DH and I have been TTC since we were married in 2005.  I'm in my late 30's, he is in his early 40's.  DH was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer in 2004, and had to have one testicle removed.  He's been in remission after 15 radiation treatments, and we have been ttc since our honeymoon close to six years ago.  Obviously, this hasn't been an easy ride for us.

Three weeks ago, I had an emergency appendectomy.  It was my first time in a hospital for myself, so it was a bit scary.  Needless to say, I don't have a lot of friends where I live and was hoping for the support of my BFF (also MOH) who lives 5 minutes from the hospital and 15 minutes from my home.   A phone call, text, anything!  was depressed that my BFF (who was also my MOH) didn't take the time to call and check in on me while I was in the hospital.  I sent her an email stating I was upset and needed her and her reply was to rip me a new one on Facebook (Yes, a 41 year old woman).  She stated on her wall "People who aren't Mommies don't get it that "your emergency" is not my priority".  Not only was I hurt and upset (and probably a little more than usual because I was recovering from surgery) but I felt that this was a low-blow especially since she knows my situation.  It's been 2 weeks and I'm wondering if I should respond to her or just walk away from the friendship?   

Re: How would you respond?

• UGH! I'm so sorry about your "friend" I think she sucks. I would personally walk away from the friendship, but I tend to hold people at an arm's length. If the friendship  means something to you, I would tell her how that hurt you, what you needed from her as a friend and see what she says.

sorry to hear about your husband's cancer, but its awesome he's in remission! 

• Yea there's no way I'd be friends after that. There's a good possibility I'd be in jail.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh - I had the same thing happen to me.  Needless to say, our friendship was officially over that day.  It's been almost 3 years since and I don't miss her.  Some people just suck - plain and simple.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, she'd get the big FU from me and I'd drop her like a hot potato.

I wouldn't really expect anyone to come see me in the hospital, but it sounds like your BFF isn't that much of a friend anyway.

• I'm so sorry you had to go through that.  Like the other girls said, I would end the friendship.  She isn't a true friend if she would make such a hurtful comment like that knowing what you and your H have been through.  You don't need that crap in your life. 
    Good luck to you and your H!  Amazing news about him being cancer free!
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ditto the other girls. She made this comment knowing your situation, and that tells me she won't ever be sensitive or considerate of what you're going through. Some people will just never get it, and always are consumed with themselves only, and that sounds just like this woman. Walk away lady!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would respond with a big WTF and an accompanied FU.

• I think I would be done... not excusable at any age to be that insensitive, and especially not via FACEBOOK at 40!! 
    Me- 30
    DH- 28
    Actively charting and TTC since September 2010 although not using BC since May 2007
    Laporatomy March 8th,2011
    Stage IV Endometreosis officially diagnosed
    Removal of right ovary and partial left ovary
    Lupron Therapy began April 2011 and will continue for 6 months
    IVF to follow the Lupron therapy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Since she chose to put that on facebook I would be done with her.  She was calling you out in front of how ever many friends she has.  Not the type of person I want to be friends with.  If she has time for facebook, she has time to give you a call and see how you are doing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • NiniJ55NiniJ55 member
    imageDDancingDiva:

DH and I have been TTC since we were married in 2005.  I'm in my late 30's, he is in his early 40's.  DH was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer in 2004, and had to have one testicle removed.  He's been in remission after 15 radiation treatments, and we have been ttc since our honeymoon close to six years ago.  Obviously, this hasn't been an easy ride for us.

Three weeks ago, I had an emergency appendectomy.  It was my first time in a hospital for myself, so it was a bit scary.  Needless to say, I don't have a lot of friends where I live and was hoping for the support of my BFF (also MOH) who lives 5 minutes from the hospital and 15 minutes from my home.   A phone call, text, anything!  was depressed that my BFF (who was also my MOH) didn't take the time to call and check in on me while I was in the hospital.  I sent her an email stating I was upset and needed her and her reply was to rip me a new one on Facebook (Yes, a 41 year old woman).  She stated on her wall "People who aren't Mommies don't get it that "your emergency" is not my priority".  Not only was I hurt and upset (and probably a little more than usual because I was recovering from surgery) but I felt that this was a low-blow especially since she knows my situation.  It's been 2 weeks and I'm wondering if I should respond to her or just walk away from the friendship?   

Siggy warning

I never post on this Snarky & TTC board (I'm TTC # 2... with fertility issues).... but after reading your post I felt like I had to.

I would lose that friend. How dare she?? First of all just because you are a mommy that does not mean she could not find the time to give you a phone call to see how you are doing. If you can find the time to use the bathroom, wash your azz - and do all those other important things - you can find the time to call me to see how I am doing after surgery - if it was really important to you. Anyway -- clearly she is not a BFF. OMG - and the low blow: 1- blasted on FB?? 2- mentioning "people who are not mommies"... I so hate people like that!

I would drop that friend.

Sorry!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • BallSoxBallSox member
    Yup, I'd be over that so fast her b!tchy head would spin. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"