Natural Birth

Insurance Freakout

Last night as I was leaving work, HR sent out an email saying that we were changing insurance companies in June...I am due in July.  We are using an out of hospital birth center that isn't covered by a lot of insurances...so I started freaking out.  I cried when I got home.  Then I went to a La Leche League meeting where someone who has the new insurance said that our BC isn't covered.  So I cried when I got home.  (I'm not usually a crier...but pregnancy hormones...ugh.)  Needless to say I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, and when I did sleep, I had nightmares about birth.  Today HR didn't get back to me until almost noon...NOON.  After a lot of back and forth, it sounds like even though the new insurance won't usually cover any out of hospital birth, they had an agreement to make exceptions and will cover the BC.  All I have to do is fill out a simple form.  Hopefully it all works out...I was seriously freaked out.
www.minegoes2-11.blogspot.com

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Insurance Freakout

• i would talk to the new insurance co and get it in writing directly from them. 

can you stay with the current insurance co until after the birth?  would you miss your opportunity to enroll with the new co? 

can you overlap your coverage and have a policy with both companies until after the birth?  that way you get best of both worlds? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Usually they will cover you when the employer switches both times my employeer changed providers the new ones gave 9 months with the old insurance companies providers for pregnancy stuff to bad you don't get it for other doctors, they must know pregnant women
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"