VBAC

Did getting your membranes stripped help?

We're shooting for a VBAC, according to the ultrasound yesterday it's still a great option for us but my doc doesn't want me to go much past my due date. So she stripped my membranes, they tried this with my other kids and I still ended up being induced b/c they both were late. But, I am dilated to 3cm and 50% effaced (with the others I was barely 1cm) so maybe it'll work this time?

Have any of you gone into labor after having your membranes stripped?

Re: Did getting your membranes stripped help?

• I didn't, but I don't regret trying it! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe.  I was 2cm and 50% effaced and the OB tried to strip my membranes as best she could the day before I went into labor on my own (at 40w3d).  We also had sex that night, so I'm not sure which it actually was. 
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepapagena:
    I didn't, but I don't regret trying it! 

This for me! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went into labor about 12 hours after having mine stripped.  Draw whatever conclusions from that you want.
  • I was right where you are when I had mine stripped with DD1 and I DO think it helped jump start my labor, I had her a day and a half later. Im a believer that if your body is not ready, nothing will help. I hope it works for you and you get your VBAC!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Update:

I started having contractions yesterday around 10:30am, they were fairly consistent and got up to 25-30 minutes apart and more uncomfortable by bedtime. BUT, they stalled by 3am. *sigh* So I guess it sort of worked because things started moving, but it didn't go past a certain point. He is lower now though, my belly's lower and I felt a lot of pressure in my pelvis.

Today's my birthday, so maybe he doesn't want me to be in a ton of pain today? lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"