June 2011 Moms

Panera Bread smoothie with ginseng?

Ok, stupid question I'm sure... I'm craving a strawberry smoothie from Panera Bread, but noticed on the menu yesterday that it contains ginseng.  Can we have that?  Isn't it an herbal supplement or something?  I would feel ridiculous calling my doctor's office to ask, but I SERIOUSLY want a smoothie!!!  Anybody know anything about ginseng or if it's okay to have?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Panera Bread smoothie with ginseng?

• https://mental-health.emedtv.com/ginseng/ginseng-and-pregnancy.html

Found this article about it.  I think you would probably be okay to have it this once. The article said that you should avoid during 1st trimester. I feel like all this stuff is hit and miss during pregnancy! Lol

• imageccmarinho:

https://mental-health.emedtv.com/ginseng/ginseng-and-pregnancy.html

Found this article about it.  I think you would probably be okay to have it this once. The article said that you should avoid during 1st trimester. I feel like all this stuff is hit and miss during pregnancy! Lol

Holy crap, okay... I can stay away from the smoothie.  Birth defects?  Nope, not worth it, even once.  Thank you SOOOO much for finding that article!  I'd be one of those people who would worry for the next however many weeks if I had one now... Maybe I'll try to make my own... hahahahaha!

• Loading the player...
  • Lol...That's what I do! I just buy frozen fruit and make my own! Doesn't take too much time and at least you know what's in it! :)
  • imageccmarinho:
    Lol...That's what I do! I just buy frozen fruit and make my own! Doesn't take too much time and at least you know what's in it! :)

Definitely make your own!!  It's so much cheaper and you can put whatever fruits you want in it!  I just use frozen fruit, skim milk, greek yogurt and if it's an actual meal I also put in some protein powder! 

• I am so completely into my homemade frozen smoothies right now! Frozen fruit (usually strawberries), low fat vanilla yogurt, a splash of orange/banana/strawberry juice and a banana. So refreshing! I love having them for breakfast. I usually wake up really thirsty so the cold smoothie is delicious.
  • Can't Panera just skip the Ginseng?  Not sure how pre-made they are...  McDonald's has smoothies now too, as do tons of other places.  
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagePockety:
    Can't Panera just skip the Ginseng?  Not sure how pre-made they are...  McDonald's has smoothies now too, as do tons of other places.  

I thought about that too... they said it's part of the mix, and they can't leave it out Sad  McDonalds just tastes too syrup-y... not sure what it is about Panera, just really wanted one of theirs.  I just got back from the store with some fruit and yogurt though, so we'll see how this experiment goes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"