Maryland Babies
Options

**ras26**

Are you taking all paid leave b/c you want to, or because you were told you had to?  I did half FLMA (unpaid leave) and half paid leave per pay period because I wanted to still have some leave left when I came back from maternity leave for when he inevitably got sick.  While it's actually LWOP it doesn't go into your Official Personnel File like regular LWOP would (I think it goes in on an SF50 when you take LWOP).
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: **ras26**

• Options
    ras26ras26 member
    I haven't discussed it yet with HR/boss since I'm not "out" yet here at work (today hopefully).  We are doing sick/vacation because we want to, not because we have been told we had to.  It would be somewhat difficult for us to go that long without one or both of us collecting a paycheck (or even only getting half as much if I did what you suggested), so I intended to use my leave.  I've been here long enough that I'll have roughly 657 sick hours (16 weeks) once LO arrives, so I'd rather have the money.  Make sense?
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Makes sense. I was just curious because I've heard a lot of disinformation given to other Feds expecting.  They also fail to tell you that if you work in DC you are entitled to 16 weeks FMLA, not just the 12.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"