Upstate NY Babies

Recommend your sippy cup

What sippy cup does your LO prefer for milk?  I've found that the ones JB uses for water don't appeal to her for milk.  She just ends up giving up or making a mess.  She will drink from a straw and we have some straw sippy cups but she also has a tendency to tip those back and thus end up sucking air so I don't think that's great for a bed time sippy of milk.

Anyway...which ones do you like?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend your sippy cup

• I was going to say the straw kind.  We use the munchkin ones.  He's been using those forever.  Now he also has the hard spout kind.  I really like the playtex ones since you can mix and match the tops.  So we can use the spout or the straw.  My neice is almost 2 and still uses those gerber or playtex ones.  It's like the 1st sippy you give your kid with the handles.  For sophia I got her a avent one and she prefers it to the Gerber.  The spout is super soft.  I think fir her gums it must feel better.
  • We've been switching between the Nuby straw cups and the Nuby ones with the soft spout.  She still gets a bottle at night but she uses sippys for the rest of the day.  She tips the straw cups too  but it's getting better.  I usually use the straw cups for water and the soft spout ones for milk. 
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Loading the player...
  • I have not found any that I love.  He does well with the Playtex hard spout ones.  We have some straw ones, but those are just so darn hard to clean and they often times leak.  I like the Nalgene ones that I have seen, so I may get him one this summer.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I havent found one we are in love with either......L has a nuby one he likes with a soft spout but he gets his morning milk and bedtime milk in  a bottle still...he gets juice and water in his sippy
  • We use the Tilty cup and love it.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have the Nuby cups with the soft spouts.  I also have the hard spouts for the Avent bottles.  We are trying that today in daycare so I'll see how it goes.  I may go look for a Tilty cup as well.

Thanks!

• I have Tilty and do not like them....they are not spill proof. They don't have a valve so they spill when tipped or dropped. 

We started with the Playtex My First Sipster cups and he still uses them for his milk in the morning!  He did great with them from about 7 mos on. We now have a huge collection of cups, the only ones I like now are the Tummy Tickler or Belly Washer juice containers. They come with 100% juice in them but are reusable and dishwasher safe. They DON"T leak at all, I didn't think this was possible! haha I have not put anything beside water or watered down juice in these though.

https://www.amazon.com/Playtex-First-Sipster-Spill-Proof-Cup/dp/B0009EXN10/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1303926887&sr=1-1

https://www.tummytickler.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"