Single Parents
Options

ADVICE PLS- moving w/ infant away from deadbeat dad

I am 36 and have a beautiful 6 month old with my ex bf. He hasn't seen our son in almost 4 months and only a few hours before that. He was recently in trouble with the law and I believe he has a drinking/drug problem. My lawyer and I feel this is the perfect time to move closer to my family which is across the country because he hasnt bonded with him. I cant imagine attempting to co parent with a selfish ***. Any advice from you single moms, should I move now while my son is young and give him a better life? If his father choses to be involved when he is ready and our son is older I will encourage it.  Thank you

Re: ADVICE PLS- moving w/ infant away from deadbeat dad

• Options
    Being a single parent is not easy and you should take all the help you can get or you'll go crazy. You should move closer to your family rather than being across the country with no support system.
  • Options
    yeah a support system is the single most important thing you  need as a single parent.  if your lawyer thinks its a good idea, go for it.  good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm assuming the father hasn't applied for any kind of custody/visitation through the courts? If that's the case, move now while you still have sole custody of that child. A support system is HUGE, especially being a single parent. Get away from the drama and start a life with your child.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GO! I would be lost if it weren't for my mom while I'm going through this crud. You'll love being able to have someone so close to go to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"