Upstate NY Babies

L wont eat dinner

seriously for the past 3 nights- when we sit down for dinner its like 3 bites and he signs all done...

The doc says his eating is going to slow down but this is like nothing- and since he's walking everywhere- I dont understand why he wouldnt be hungry...I try to feed him every couple of hours with smaller meals but I dont think he should be "full" for the night by 530...

thoughts?

also what do you give for dinner- the kid will eat chicken and hummus sometimes veggies...but seriously- I tried lunch meat, cereal, raviolis,cooked veggies, raw veggies and nothing... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: L wont eat dinner

• whatever we are eating. i will not give him something different.  The problem is ethan can just pull food out of the pantry.  The stuff that is at his level are things I am ok with him eating. somedays he eat some days he doesn't.  tonight he ate 1/2 an applesauce and 1/2 a piece of pizza.  Some days he likes meat others he spits it out.  He is so picky.  So I never know.  I try to give him stuff he will definiltely eat for breakfast and lunch
  • Evan does that sometimes too... I try not to make a big deal of it. Lately he wants nothing to do w/ sitting at the table in his chair. He'll take 2 bites and then get down. Then he'll want to sit on my or DH's lap and he will eat a bit more. Or he will sit at his picnic table in the living room and graze at his plate while playing.

I know he won't starve... he always eats a good breakfast, and snacks on healthy stuff during the day. If he really eats nothing at dinner I will give him some yogurt or fruit before his bath, just so I know he isn't going to bed hungry. 

• Loading the player...
  • Evan goes through this sometimes...last night he didn't want to eat, but he usually eats a good breakfast and lunch, so I do not worry.  He always eats what we are having.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Some nights Gavin eats a ton and wants more, other nights he takes his mandatory "one bite" and is finished.  I wouldn't make a big deal or be worried if he's eating through the day.  As far as what we feed him - he gets what we're eating.  There are some things that I know he absolutely will not eat, so I try to make sure something I make that day is something he likes (like potatoes - he gags every time he eats any kind of potato - so I make sure to have something else he will eat).  Keep trying.  Just because he won't eat ravioli now doesn't mean he won't next month.
  • I wouldnt' worry about it. T has many nights where she'll only eat a couple bites or none at all and tell us she's all done. We've asked her Dr about it and he said it's completely normal. He said at this age they get the majority of the calories they need in their meals earlier in the day which means by dinner time they might not want much or anything at all. He said it's very common.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"