Baby Showers

How to include out of state MIL without a big shower?

One of my friends is kindly throwing a shower that is just the girlfriends.  My aunt (mom's sis) is making our annual family day in July into a small shower (we did the same last year for my cousin but it was all just one branch of the family that is who gathers every year).

I'd like to somehow  include in some celebrations my MIL and step MIL who are both out of state and don't really fit with either of the crowds.  But I can't see inviting them to the girlfriends shower (my mom won't be there either) and I'm not sure they want or be able to come to NH (we're in MA) for a shower that is mostly my mom's family.

Any ideas?

Re: How to include out of state MIL without a big shower?

• Skype?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is an interesting idea.  It won't work for the family one since the event is out at a lake house with no internet in site.
  • Loading the player...
  • Invite them to your family shower.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageEastCoastBride:
    Invite them to your family shower.

This.  Even if they can't come, it's nice to extend the invitation.  Who knows, they might even show up. 

• Do you think they might come or is it just a nice gesture to send an invite? My MIL lives out of state as well but I know she would be hurt if she wasn't included in any of my showers (I'm having two also) so I'm planning to send her an invitation to the family shower. I know she won't be coming, she already has plans to come a few weeks after my EDD. If they aren't planning on coming anyway, I don't think it would matter which shower you invite them to. If you think there is a possibility they would come I would invite them to the girlfriend shower, it would probably be more comfortable for them than a family reunion type shower.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"