Blended Families

Picking your brains ladies... Sorry :)

I figure since we've all had our sharing of marriage/families/etc. I would ask you ladies!

My mom is getting married at the end of May and I am at a loss as what to get her and her new husband (he is awesome BTW) I thought about doing a hot air balloon ride (but then found out that he isnt to keen on heights!), salsa or some kind of couples dance lessons... and from there - I blank out.

They both have pretty demanding jobs and also a lot of trips coming up, so I can't do a B&B or anything like that because I dont know of dates. I dont want to get them anything for the house because they pretty much have everything you can think of (and it isnt a first marriage for either)

I'm just looking for some kind of unique awesome gift.  Please help!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Picking your brains ladies... Sorry :)

• I?m always a fan of using photography as a gift.  Does he have children also?  Would it be possible for you to set up a covert photo shoot with his kids/your siblings/all the grandkids/etc. and give them ?ours? family photos as the wedding gift?  If not maybe gift them the photo session and let them get some great photos of themselves and whoever else they?d like to include.  Good luck!

• Are they going on a honeymoon?

Friends of ours upgraded our travel to our hotel from the bus (with everyone going different places) to a private car. It was nice to get there so fast and not have the long cramped bus ride.

If not a couples massage all the way! DH and I did it once and I would love to do it again. It was a great time!

• Loading the player...
  • I don't have any good ideas of my own, but I think PPs both have good ones. I especially LOVE the "ours" photo!!
  • I like the idea of upgrading their honeymoon. My mom set it up so our room was decorated and we had champagne and chocolates and stuff waiting for us and it was fun! If they like to travel, and it sounds like they do perhaps research some of the trips they are taking and set up a flexible "date" for them. A giftcard to a local restaurant or a tour company, it really depends on where they are going.
  • imagemcltwin2:

I?m always a fan of using photography as a gift.  Does he have children also?  Would it be possible for you to set up a covert photo shoot with his kids/your siblings/all the grandkids/etc. and give them ?ours? family photos as the wedding gift?  If not maybe gift them the photo session and let them get some great photos of themselves and whoever else they?d like to include.  Good luck!

Ohh, I like this!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really nice dinner at their favorite place to eat and a couples massage/day of pampering.
  • Thanks for all of the suggestions!! :) I will let you know what I end up with :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"