Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Gerber yogurt blends??

So DD is almost 6 months old. She eats fruit, veg and, cereal during the day. We are pretty chilled out parents and have given her pizza crust and some pasta and stuff. Whats the deal with these Gerber yogurts? They say perfect for sitters (dd has been sitting for a month and a half already) I know you dont give milk yet but these yogurts are made with milk..anyone use these?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Gerber yogurt blends??

• Options
    We just started this week, DD loves it.  We started with the pear one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You can give yogurt or cheese now. We tried the yogurt blends and she did like them, but it's more cost effective to just find a good "normal" yogurt. Look for one that is whole milk and doesn't have any funky sweeteners in it. The key about dairy is that you don't want it to replace breastmilk or formula until about a year. It is fine to offer now as long as it's more of a supplement, rather than a replacement.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Loss #1 (missed miscarriage) 14 weeks Loss #2 (missed miscarriage) 10 weeks Loss #3 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #4 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #5 (chemical pregnancy)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS has had the pear, peach, and banana ones and loves them.

They have milk in them, but it's not 100% straight milk.

Like: there's milk in mashed potatoes, but it's not like drinking a glass of milk. Sorry.... last thing I made with milk. lol.

• Options
    DS loves them. We use the pear, banana/vanilla, and peach ones.  I've been thinking about just getting regular yogurt since it would be cheaper, but I'm not sure what brand.
  • Options
    Yogurt is OK to give them. We started DD on yogurt at 6 months and she has had no problems with it at all. However I will say that we do not feed her the Gerber Yogurt Blends, they are really chalky. We do feed her the Yo-Baby Yogurt our store has it in Vanilla Flavor and Apple and Sweet Potato. She loves them in fact this is probably her most favorite food besides things she can feed herself.
  • Options
    Here's a Q: when you started giving your LO yogurt, did you have a diaper explosion? I know yogurt has probiotics that are supposed to keep kiddos regular, but my DS has no problems with regularity... I worry that exposing my DS to yogurt might make him go all the time...
    imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
  • Options

imageRach21:
    Here's a Q: when you started giving your LO yogurt, did you have a diaper explosion? I know yogurt has probiotics that are supposed to keep kiddos regular, but my DS has no problems with regularity... I worry that exposing my DS to yogurt might make him go all the time...

It really hasn't changed her diaper habits much. I wouldn't recommend giving your LO yogurt with prunes followed by some pears....that would just be asking for trouble! Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Loss #1 (missed miscarriage) 14 weeks Loss #2 (missed miscarriage) 10 weeks Loss #3 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #4 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #5 (chemical pregnancy)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"