South Florida Babies

Lets talk birthday parties!!!!

I cannot believe that I have to start thinking about this! Izzy is 7.5 months old which means her birthday is right around the corner. Since I call her my little Izzy-Bee, we are doing a Bumble Bee 1st Birthday Theme. :)

Sophia's birthday, her 4th, will be a couple of weeks later and we will do something for her, too, but on the MUCH smaller side and just for her school friends and family. I was going to combine them but since Sophia got her 1st birthday BASH I thought Isabelle deserved one, too.  

Anyone else thinking about birthday parties?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lets talk birthday parties!!!!

• I've started thinking about it too.  I really want to use summer to make anything cutesy since I'll be home.  I feel guilty because I really didn't do anything except a small family birthday for her second birthday (we just moved, I didn't have the time/energy to put something together).  Now that she really gets birthdays and parties I want to put something together.  I wish it wasn't the end of August because I'd love to do something outside but I think it'll be too hot. 
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we've been planning :) J is having a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • Loading the player...
  • AlbahAlbah member
    I'm a little behind in the planning department. All I know is that Elmo makes Ethan smile from ear to ear, so we may just go with that theme. Mel, I looove the Bee theme!! We've also debated whether to combine the bday parties for the boys or not since both their birthdays are in August; it's not fair that Evan got a big 1st year birthday bash all to himself, right? ;) We are leaning towards separate parties but it is very tempting to combine them to save money.  We'll see...we should start looking into this soon....
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Like Rach, we also did a family party for Zachary since he didn't get parties that much before he was 2. Now that he loves birthday parties (he actually thinks that every family get together is HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY... LMAO) I want to do something... just not sure what! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Yes!  I was thinking about it this morning when Justine posted J's 9 month pics.  It got me thinking of how our babies are getting closer to 1. 

DH wants to do something BIG.  But, we've had a lot of expenses with the house and I want to take her to Disney World during our Christmas vacation.  I figured Disney would be her birthday trip since we invited the grandparents (and aunts, uncles, whoever wants to go).  But, I'm not sure how BIG to go for her 1st bday.  I would like to invite some friends with their babies, but then I'd have to invite ALL my friends and provide some kind of entertainment for the older kids. 

I was actually going to post soon for ideas on what everyone did for the first bdays.  I'm not in planning mode yet, but I would like to start budgeting for it and our trip to Disney since we have so many other projects going on, too.

• Jillians birthday is in 11 days i can't believe it. Am sure ill be running around last minute lol. But her theme is the cupcake 1st birthday theme. I wanted something small but thats so hard for me to do with big familys on both sides.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love the bee idea!  I was torn between that and ladybug for Leila's first, I ended up going with ladybug then dressing her up as a bee for Halloween.  Birthday Express has cute bee supplies. 

For her second (sept.) we will be in Buffalo and are just cutting a cake at a park with my husband's family and his friends kids but the planner in me is really tempted to make something bigger but I just don't know what theme to go with, maybe Minnie Mouse who she like but other than that her only obsession is Little Einsteins...

Here are some links from when I was researching BEE ideas before deciding on ladybugs...

https://www.hostessblog.com/2010/06/real-parties-bumble-bee-birthday/

https://blog.thecelebrationshoppe.com/2010/10/06/customer-my-little-honey/

If you'd like email me at carolette24 at hotmail dotcom and I can send you pics of Leila's party, there are many ideas you can adapt from ladybug to bee and trust me I like cute but on a budget!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Awww...that is so cute!! So many cute ideas for a bee themed party.  I am also thinking about Chelsea's 3rd Birthday in September.  She is really into The Little Mermaid and Tangled these days.  I have found soo many cute ideas for both themes online.  Either way, we will most likely set up some toddler pools, sprinklers and slip and slide in the yard b/c its so hot in Sept.  We usually host small parties at home with family and close friends.  Always something to look forward.  Happy planning!

• i also want to take boys to disney for mickeys not so scary halloween since their bday is at the end of oct... but dh really wants a big party too!

boys turn 6 mo thurs and i keep forgetting to reserve the park for their birthday!  we want to do it at the park down the street.

no theme yet, but they really like mickey's clubhouse, esp the music.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagecocojack10:

i also want to take boys to disney for mickeys not so scary halloween since their bday is at the end of oct... but dh really wants a big party too!

no theme yet, but they really like mickey's clubhouse, esp the music.

Ditto this word for word!  I'd rather go with the family to Disney, but DH wants the big party.  She LOVES Mickey's Clubhouse and one of her favorite toys is a Minnie Mouse rattle that I brought her from Disney when I went on the school field trip.

If we do the big party, it would probably be at our house.  Right now, I'm still working on her baptism, so I think I'll plan her bday party and Disney trip during the summer. 

• Love hearing all these ideas! :) I'll especially be keeping my eye out for the Mickey Mouse parties...I'd love to do Emma's next big birthday party in a Minnie Mouse/Mickey's Clubhouse theme.

I can't believe we're already talking 1st birthday parties for some of these kiddos...Isabelle, Elise, Jackie's twins, Jose Antonio, etc. Aren't these babies still newborns?!?!

We went all out and did the big bash for Emma's 1st. We did it at our house and went all out with the treat bags, bounce house, big, expensive cake, long guest list, etc. I did a vintage cupcake theme with lots of pinks and yellows :) We all had a blast (including Emma) and I was glad we could have such a big, happy celebration for her 1st birthday. Now, for her 2nd, we're planning to keep it much more low key. Like a lot of people have mentioned, we're planning to take her to Disney for her birthday. Besides the Disney trip, I plan to do something at our house but I want to keep it very no frills. I'm planning to just invite our closest family and friends via phone call or e-vite for a small mid-afternoon gathering and serve ice cream and cake.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We did a ladybug picnic party theme for Carley's 1st (there's pics on FB if you want to see) that can easily translate over for a bee thing. For Carley's 2nd, I was planning on doing a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme, but SIL is doing a Minnie theme for my niece and since the girls' birthdays are only 4 months apart, I decided to do Sesame Street instead. So far I've started saving "inspiration pictures" but haven't started any real planning just yet since I feel like I have some time still. Plus, I need to start working on planning Emily's dedication soon before DH leaves and before I go into party planning mode for Carley.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"