Maryland Babies

Let's do a check in...

It's been awhile since our last checked in. I've noticed that we have some new moms and moms-to-be on the board. If you have any pictures you like to share of LO(s), bumps, etc.

Re: Let's do a check in...

• Okay I'll start. We had a wonderful Easter. I just love dressing DD up. Here's a pictures of last years Easter. She's about 5 months old.

Here's a pictures from Sunday. We went to Church, where she sat quiet for the entire service. I was actually amazed. Thank goodness for snacks and the church bulletin. Big Smile

In other news... DD had her 18 month check up on Friday, and she's doing well. Although still very shy when she is around people she doesn't know. She's been talking a lot more. Some new words from yesterday, are "scoe" for Roscoe and she says Josie pretty clearly. I'm loving that I can have conversations with her, although half the time I'm not really sure what she's saying. Smile She's still on the petite side for weight (24lbs), but she's very tall (32.5 inches). Obviously she's taking after Mommy and Daddy. 

• Here is Lillian Grace who was 1 month yesterday!

Here she is on Easter!

She is doing so well!  She's starting to babble and is doing great with neck control!  She weights 9lbs 13 oz and is 22 inches. Shes starting to smile now and now just because of a poop or gas!

I think in 2 weeks we're going to move her to her crib since she's been sleeping through the night from about 9:30/10 to 4:30/5am.  she will wake up to eat and then sleep until about 8am. 

She's a great baby and we're so blessed!

image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • John was also good for Mass on Easter, I was surprised.  We went with my mom and sister and he just kept wanting different people to hold him the entire time.  Although he did try to lay down on the floor at one point.  We had his 15 month appointment a few weeks ago and he did a switch on us, he is now in the 50 percentile for height (had been hovering around 35 before and DH kept saying he must have gotten my short genes) and went to 35th percentile for weight (had been around 50 before).  So now I think this is DH's tall and skinny gene's kicking in. 

John talks alllll the time, you can recognize a few words here and there, bubble, dog, cat, baby, outside, car, bye, dada, mama, uh-oh.  But he has these serious conversations with himself, furrowed brow and everything, it's so funny.  He helps pick up his toys when we are done playing and if you give him a sponge or paper towel he will start wiping random spots on the floor, it's cute. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Aw Kelly, she's adorable. I'm so jealous that Lillian is sleeping through the night. I was never that lucky. Meg- Sounds like John is chugging along. Annabelle does the same thing with wiping the floor with rags. I was just telling DH the other day I could start showing A how to clean toys, dust, etc. LOL! 

• DS related: He is doing great, was sick last week but seems to be on the mend now. His newest thing is when he farts, he grabs his butt and says "Poop!!". DH and I about die every time he does it. He had a great time at Easter and really understood the egg hunt....it was so cute.

Pregnancy related, everything is ok, I am feeling somewhat better finally. Still trying to keep it hidden and keep my eating in check so I don't gain too much this time.

ETA: Love the pics ladies!! Adorable.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love reading these updates.

Ella is just chugging along.  I told DH on Sunday I wish we had a mute button for her - seriously, that girl talks NONSTOP and I dont' think it'll stop until she's about 10.  I can understand most of what she says, so at least that's good.  But OMG, she needs to break a sometimes. 

She is in a serious mommy mommy stage - which is OK, but she throws a fit w/ DH most of the time.

She was great at church on sunday.  Sat on George's lap the whole time, she flipped through the hymnal about 300 times.  LOL.  We had fun doing an Easter Egg Hunt at my in laws w/ her older cousins. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • May I play? I can post pics of the nephew!
  • imagejadebaby:
    May I play? I can post pics of the nephew!

The check ins are for moms AND moms-to-be, so of course you can play and update us about how things are going with your pregnancy since you are a mom-to-be!!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • imageSarahKate31:

imagejadebaby:

The check ins are for moms AND moms-to-be, so of course you can play and update us about how things are going with your pregnancy since you are a mom-to-be!!!

Oh gotcha. Thanks!

• Emily had her 2 year appt a few weeks ago, she gained 4 lbs in 6 months!  DH and I were surprised.  She now weighs 26lbs.  But she only grew an inch, which isn't that small of a feet except recently all her pants looked like high waders, so we thought she would have grown more.  I think she's 34.75 inches but I'm not positive on that one.

She's showing interest in the potty but more playing with it, not so much wanting to go pee on it.  We got her a potty book for Easter and I just realized that we haven't read it yet - she was too excited about the other gifts...and the candy.

Pregnancy related - I'm feeling ok.  We saw the heartbeat last week, so that was a big relief.  And we told our families on Easter and everyone seems excited.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am 34w3d now and coming down the home stretch. As of my appt yesterday, baby is still head down and my Dr. estimated he's about 5 lbs. When I left my appt, I was in the parking lot texting DH about how it went and I just started crying because it just hit me how close we are and I am so equally excited and nervous for LO's arrival!

We're finally working on the nursery now, and I feel so much better now that that's underway. We've made tons of progress on all of our house projects in the past couple weeks so I hope we can keep the momentum going!

Here's my latest bump pic from 32w1d:

Pregnancy Ticker

• Things are going well for me and Nugget so far. I am still getting over a cold and feel stuffed up. But luckily I haven't had much in the way of m/s. I got blood work done yesterday and I have another OB appointment on Thursday. At the last visit the doctor said that she wanted to see us in two weeks to try and get a more accurate measurement on Nugget and to go over the blood work. Hoping DH can leave work to go with me on Thursday. Going to any doctor always stresses me and my BP goes sky high.

• imagejcsntms06:

Aw Kelly, she's adorable. I'm so jealous that Lillian is sleeping through the night. I was never that lucky. Meg- Sounds like John is chugging along. Annabelle does the same thing with wiping the floor with rags. I was just telling DH the other day I could start showing A how to clean toys, dust, etc. LOL! 

haha, John had a sponge last night and I told him that if the US didn't have such strict child labor laws I would contract him out to clean houses, as a way to pay for all the food he eats.  This kid is seriously a bottomless pit, but I can't complain, his favorite foods are veggies.  It is hit or miss with chicken, pasta, or anything ground turkey, but put a big bowl of broccoli, corn, peas, etc and he will chow down.  I'm shoving as much as I can into him while he still isn't picky!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SK, I love your bump pic. You are adorable!
  • imagejadebaby:

Of Course! Maybe some baby bump pictures in the future? 

• imageCooper81:
    imagejcsntms06:

Aw Kelly, she's adorable. I'm so jealous that Lillian is sleeping through the night. I was never that lucky. Meg- Sounds like John is chugging along. Annabelle does the same thing with wiping the floor with rags. I was just telling DH the other day I could start showing A how to clean toys, dust, etc. LOL! 

haha, John had a sponge last night and I told him that if the US didn't have such strict child labor laws I would contract him out to clean houses, as a way to pay for all the food he eats.  This kid is seriously a bottomless pit, but I can't complain, his favorite foods are veggies.  It is hit or miss with chicken, pasta, or anything ground turkey, but put a big bowl of broccoli, corn, peas, etc and he will chow down.  I'm shoving as much as I can into him while he still isn't picky!

This is awesome! I have a picky eater on my hands. I can hardly get her to eat anything these days. Every day she needs something new. No leftovers for her. And veggies, well she refuses to them almost everything I serve. It's very frustrating! 

• I'll check in since I'm coming down the homestretch.

I'm 37w4d and am more than ready for the baby to be here already. Had a scare last week with the baby's heartrate and was sent to L&D, but she was just excited. The nursery is for the most part finished, just need to get a dresser and start loading it up. Baby hasn't dropped yet and my next appt is tomorrow. Hoping for good news!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejcsntms06:

Maybe some baby bump pictures in the future? 

Oh I will definitely share bump pictures. Right now I am still in the bloated/just looks like I ate too many cookies stage. Embarrassed

• imageSarahKate31:

I am 34w3d now and coming down the home stretch. As of my appt yesterday, baby is still head down and my Dr. estimated he's about 5 lbs. When I left my appt, I was in the parking lot texting DH about how it went and I just started crying because it just hit me how close we are and I am so equally excited and nervous for LO's arrival!

We're finally working on the nursery now, and I feel so much better now that that's underway. We've made tons of progress on all of our house projects in the past couple weeks so I hope we can keep the momentum going!

Here's my latest bump pic from 32w1d:

Adorable! I wish I did weekly pictures... maybe next time I will. 

• imagejadebaby:
    imagejcsntms06:

Oh I will definitely share bump pictures. Right now I am still in the bloated/just looks like I ate too many cookies stage. Embarrassed

I didn't start taking bump pics until 19-20 weeks but I wish I had taken a "before" pic. I took one around 10 weeks and then deleted it because I thought "ew I just look fat!" but I wish I hadn't because I don't remember what I looked like pre-baby bump :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• K, just wanted to say Lillian is adorable!

Actually all of these kids are cute.

• Aww I love hearing all of the updates!!  Sarah--I cannot believe you are so close already.

Ava is doing great, talking up a storm and is so happy.  She has been waking up with dry diapers so yesterday and this morning I put her on the potty when she got up and she pee-peed both times..yay!  She did take her diaper off this morning when DH was in the other room and we think pooped "next" to the diaper. So I guess we have started potty training. I would love not to have two kids in diapers so if we can tackle this before July I will be happy.

My son is driving me crazy with his typical teenager sass but all in all is a pretty good kid so I guess I can't complain too much. 

The pregancy is going great--no complaints other than being more tired than usual.  I had my GD test yesterday so hopefully that will come back ok. I go back in three weeks and after that they will go to every two weeks. I can't believe I only have 11 more weeks, it's flying by. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great updates!  I love reading these.

LJ will be 14 months next week and is changing so fast.  I say this constantly, but I love this age.  He is saying so many new words lately - uh oh, car, book, bunny, ball and...yogurt (!) yesterday.  We've been working on animal sounds and he can quack and moo.  He knows where his hair, ears, nose, mouth, belly and toes are.  We we are working on eyes - he looks at us like we are crazy when we ask him where his eyes are now, lol.  He follows simple commands (give the ball to Daddy, bring Mama a book to read).  We are struggling with transitioning from bottles to sippy cups only.

He runs around the house and the yard.  We got him a water table for Easter and it was a huge hit.  

We had a really rough week 2 weeks ago.  I can't post much about it publicly because it is an ongoing investigation, but we needed to switch daycare providers.  We decided on a center and LJ is adjusting so well.  The past 2 weeks were really hell and I'm so thankful that he is doing well and thriving in the new environment.  

ETA:  a picture from Easter!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • I don't know the protocol on the board, so I'll just jump in here.  I have been on The Bump for about year and other than a few questions here and there, never really ventured over here while we were TTC.  It hit me the other day that this board will be a great resource now that I'm pregnant!  I already found a cloth diapering service, so I'm hooked.

I'm Stephanie, we live in Columbia and we're expecting our first baby in October.  This is the first grandchild for both sets of future grandparents, so the excitement level is pretty high. :)  So far so good with the pregnancy.  I have my next appointment on Monday and the anatomy scan is 16 days away, not that I'm counting!

Look forward to getting to know everyone better.  Love all of the baby pictures! Smile

• Connor turned 19 months yesterday, he's sick today and taking an extra nap :(  He's amazing though and my little buddy.  He has started saying random words lately and it's so funny to hear his little voice, I think he's going to have a lisp but my H thinks i'm crazy.  He's a bit of a ham and was being an exhibitionist on Easter!  I don't think he's figured out that he's getting a baby sister yet and it's going to make him mad that he's going to have to share me.  

Pregnancy related, C-section scheduled June 8, and it can't come soon enough.  Everything is going great so far, just starting to swell and have trouble sleeping, normal pregnancy related complaints. She's a crazy mover and shaker!  I can't wait for these kiddo's to meet each other!!!! 

imageimage

• Hello! We had a wonderful spring break. Here is a picture of Sophee with Daddy!

Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • ras26ras26 member

I just successfully completed 13 weeks, and had a Dr's appt this morning.  Baby seems to be doing ok in there, and I heard the HB (156).  I have been taking "bump" pics since we found out at about 5-6 weeks, and while I'm getting bigger, it doesn't look like much of a bump yet.  Kinda just looks like too many cookies!  Maybe I'll post later and you nice ladies can say "no, you totally don't look fat."  :-) 

I didn't gain any weight in the last month though, so assuming the baby is getting bigger, hopefully my a$$ is not!!  We told our families on April Fool's Day after our first US, which was lots of fun, and I intend to tell work tomorrow.  My "20-week" isn't until week 21 (June 21) and it seems sooooo far away!  I guess that's about it.  I'm crossing my fingers for the magic feel better-ness of the 2nd trimester. 

IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Rebecca is doing great.  Picking up more words all the time.  Her eating habits aren?t the best but we keep trying.  Her hair is finally long enough that I can put them in pig tails and it turns out so cute.  I love how excited she is to brush her teeth at night.  Taking her to Hershey Park for the first time Saturday so that should be very exciting.

Michael has definitely taken over the name ?the traveler?.  We use to call Rebecca a traveler because she goes from one side of the crib to the other throughout the night and it looks like her brother definitely takes after her.  He is rolling back to belly and belly to back now along with turning sideways so you never know where you are going to find him in the crib in the morning.  He is more of a talker at this age than Rebecca was.  Loves to do his high pitch squel as he has this big smile on his face.  I can?t believe he is creeping up on four months old.

I'll try to post pics when I get home tonight.

• I wanna play!

I'm 31 weeks and feeling pretty good for the most part.  I've had a lot of sciatic pain but other than that this has been a relatively easy pregnancy {{knock on wood}}.  I had a dr. appointment yesterday and the MW isn't concerned about it so I'm not worried either.  The MW is guessing that LO may be somewhere between 6-7 pounds given my birth weight, Jason's birthweight and the fact that I've only gained 10 pounds.  She did say that it's strickly a guess since it's still pretty early to make a good prediction.  I might actually consider having a med-free birth with a baby that small but I going to table that decision until later in the pregnancy when the MW can better predict his size.

DH and I had our second childbirth class last night which was pretty good.  We toured L&D and learned some relaxation massage techniques.  Now only 4 more weeks of class to go. 

I almost forgot, my baby shower is on Saturday.  I'm so excited and really looking forward to seeing my friends and family. 

• Here is our first holiday picture together.  I am not going to lie, as cute as DS looked, I hate dressing him up.  He sweats so much and was a mess by the end of the night.  I should have just put him in a cute onesie.  He is going for his 2 month appointment in less than 2 weeks.  I got back to work that same week.  NOT looking forward to that Sad

Edit--maybe I should add the picture I mentioned!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagejadebaby:
    imagejcsntms06:

I look like I ate a dump truck full of cookies right now :(  

Can't wait to start seeing those baby bump pics!!   

image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • imageBunintheOven311:
    imagejadebaby:

You do not, K. I saw those pictures on FB. You look great!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imageKaybee44:
    imageBunintheOven311:
    imagejadebaby:

Oh stop it K! Don't make me beat you up! You look adorable and I hope you realize that!

• imagejadebaby:
    imageKaybee44:
    imageBunintheOven311:
    imagejadebaby:

Oh stop it K! Don't make me beat you up! You look adorable and I hope you realize that!

Thanks guys...I guess I should say I FEEL like I ate a dump truck of cookies.  Yesterday I started my plan to get back in shape.  I want to get back down to pre baby weight or more by the end of the summer...DH wants to start trying for #2 in Jan/Feb and if that happens I don't want to pack more baby weight on top of this baby weight. 

• How fun! Everyone's Easter pictures are so cute!

So far everything seems to be going really well and I can't believe how close I am getting to my due date! We almost have the nursery ready, just some laundry and organizing let to do... thank goodness for spring break last week! We finished our last childbirth class tonight and last night I finished my last grad class!

Here's a picture of my bump from last week, sorry for my rough appearance, I was a little on the tired side...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP#1 missed mc on 7/14/10 at 10 weeks
  • Just had to finally take a second and update...LO has arrived!!! Jackson Alexander arrived via C-section on April 20th at 34 weeks. He was 18 inches and 4lbs7oz! Long story short...water broke Sunday, started magnesium sulfate at 12:30am Monday, moved to the high unit Tuesday, doctor decided the risk of infection was too great and wanted to induce Wednesday at 4:00am. The induction failed (baby was showing signs of distress) so to the OR I went.

Jackson has called the NICU home for the past week which has torn me apart inside. But the nurses and doctors have been amazing and I know he is getting the care he needs. He is doing wonderful. No breathing problems, no more feeding tube, and no more isolette. We are hopeful he will be heading home with us at the end of the week. Big Smile

• M&D06M&D06 member

I'll play!  I'm one of the new ones here but I never 'introduced' myself.  Dh and I are sort of new to the area..we've lived in Abingdon for a year now and are originally from the Philadelphia area so we don't know too many people down here yet.  Thankfully we've got a great neighborhood full of young families!

Ben just had his 1 month check up (really more like 6 weeks) and is a whopping 12lb 2 oz!  He was 8lbs 13oz at birth so he's really packing on the pounds!  It's all new to me since Jack was always and still is on the small side.  Here's my little chunky monkey!

imageimage" mce_src="image">

Jack is really starting to talk a lot (he's a late talker) and is hilarious lately, I love it!  We still struggle with food for him as he's always been extremely picky but he'll at least always eat fruit which is nice.  He's been a great big brother so far and hasn't taken any frustration out on Ben..yet, lol.  I'm sure that'll come but, for now, he's been very gentle with him.  Here is he doing his "peace' signs. :)

• M&D06M&D06 member
    Sorry..not sure why there are 3 pictures of Ben!
  • I won't be posting any bump pictures!  I've only taken about four this whole pregnancy!

I've been feeling great up until last week.  I've gone downhill fast.  My ankles are gone, and I think I was nuts thinking I could work till my due date with my job (teacher).  While I have great kids who are falling over each other to help pass things out, etc., I'm still on my feet a lot, and it's taking it's toll. I'm so ready to meet baby, but I'm also sad for my time with it being just Aiden coming to an end.  I'm a weepy mess!

My Aiden is awesome and learning new things every day.  His new thing is "Mommy, I want to tell you a story" and then he proceeds to make up a story.  He's such a creative little mind.

Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"