Single Parents

I'm 7 months pregnant and my fiance left me :(

We have been together for a year, and I got pregnant (unplanned), and we decided to get married. Now I'm 7 months pregnant and my fiance said he wanted an indefinite break. He said he would either move out of our apartment in California or I could move back to my parents home in Maryland so the situation can become less stressful. We had been fighting all the time basically since I got pregnant, and now he says its too much for him. I don't want to do this on my own. I don't know how to get him back, and show him we won't be fighting all the time anymore (I've been going to a counselor since I moved to Maryland, and learnign how to fight fair and communicate effectively and basically how to have a healthy relationship). He's going to come back to Maryland for two weeks or so for the birth and to meet his new son, so that's about all the time I'll have to show him how much different and better of a relationship we can have. Does anyone have any advice or have gone through something similar? What do you think he will be like after the birth and meeting his son? Neither of us have ever had kids (I am 22, he is 27), I'm just really praying he will fall in love with this kid immediately and not want to leave him or me and want to make this work.

Re: I'm 7 months pregnant and my fiance left me :(

• You have already noticed that a baby won't help fix anything, and if he is this freaked out now, it'll get more drastic when your LO is born. There are thousands of single moms out there kicking butt, don't let yourself think you cannot be one of em!
  • He probably already has a new gf.

You should continue counseling to learn how to be a better you for YOU.  You will need those better communication skills for co parenting especially across country.

If he doesn't and really needed a break and when he sees you again, why do you want someone who cut and run when things were a little stressful?

What's he going do if the rent's late the baby's colicky and never.stops.crying and you haven't slept in a day in a half and you just want to take a shower and lay down and he wants to walk out b/c it's too intense?

You deserve a better relationship.

If one works out w/ him it would have to be a true do over and you would have to date and get ot know each other. 

But really you're doing work for the relationship, what's he doing?  You're going to have grown and changed but he's going to have stayed the same.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesweetie0228:

He probably already has a new gf.

You should continue counseling to learn how to be a better you for YOU.  You will need those better communication skills for co parenting especially across country.

If he doesn't and really needed a break and when he sees you again, why do you want someone who cut and run when things were a little stressful?

What's he going do if the rent's late the baby's colicky and never.stops.crying and you haven't slept in a day in a half and you just want to take a shower and lay down and he wants to walk out b/c it's too intense?

You deserve a better relationship.

If one works out w/ him it would have to be a true do over and you would have to date and get ot know each other. 

But really you're doing work for the relationship, what's he doing?  You're going to have grown and changed but he's going to have stayed the same.

Listen to Sweetie OP, she is hitting the nail on the head. It takes a little bit of time to collect CS when MD does an interstate case, but hang in there. If things are meant to be then they will be on its own, just focus on your new edition coming. You have a lot of stress ahead of you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"