Preemies
Options

New Mom :)

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself as I am the proud, new Mommy to a baby boy. Jackson was born April 20th at 34 weeks, 0 days after my water broke last Sunday. The doctor used magnesium sulfate for 36 hours to stop contractions (that I didn't even know I was having) and I was put on bed rest for about 12 hours when my OB decided the risk of infection was too great. I was put on pitocin and after several hours of no progress and a risk placenta infection had a c-section.

Our little man came out screaming but is being monitored for temp regulation and feeding. So far breastfeeding is going great and I am pumping between feedings and taking the milk daily to be stored and used when DH and I are not there. 

The hardest part so far has been coming home empty-handed so to speak. I cried the whole way home and cry everytime we leave the hospital. I know he is in excellent hands when DH and I are not there but it doesn't seem to make it any easier. I am hoping I can find some comfort here!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New Mom :)

• Options
    Congrats on your son! Very exciting Smile And the ladies on this board are very comforting and sweet I have found. Welcome!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    I remember that "empty" feeling soooo well.  It was really hard being discharged with out them.  Congratulations on your new guy!  If you are able, spend all the time you want to in the NICU with him.  I felt intimidated by the nurses at first, as if they didn't want me there, but I needed to be there for myself.  I ended up making friends with lots of the nurses!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds a lot like our story :) DD1 was born at 33w6d after my water broke and she came out screaming and crying, too...she ultimately spent 16 days in the NICU and has been doing great since! Didn't get her first cold until she was almost 1, and has been fully on track since about 6 mos! Congrats!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your son. Praying for a short NICU stay. Please keep us posted.

• Options
    congrats!  I hope your LO is home soon - T&P and hugs!
  • Options
    Congrats!

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"