Upstate NY Babies
Options

How to sell an altered BM dress that wasn't worn?

I have an altered dress from our wedding. It was for my SD who didn't make it up here but we had it altered for her after a fitting in MO.

It is a 2 piece Alfred Angelo in a light beige color. It was street size 16 but altered to fit a chubby child (so, some chub but no boobs).

Should I just donate it or try and sell it? Would I measure the waist and length of the skirt? How would I measure the top?

Thanks! I am in purge mode.....major spring clean out around here! 

Re: How to sell an altered BM dress that wasn't worn?

• Options
    I don't know how to go about selling it, but if you can't, maybe you could donate it to one of those Fairy Godmother-type programs for girls to get prom dresses.
    image        image
  • Options
    You could try to sell it.. I guess I would do Ebay for something like that.. but it might be a long shot..
    I would just measure the skirt length from top to bottom.. The top, I guess measure the widest part all the way around? and the length of it too, probably.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had 10 bridesmaid dresses that I tried to sell to second hand shops. Yes, I have been a bridesmaid 10 times and they were sitting there collecting dust. The shop owners told me there was no market for these type of dresses(this was 3-4 years ago). Maybe you will have better luck than I did. I just ended up donating mine to the salvation army. I couldn't find any type of program near me to give the dresses to for proms.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I consigned a bunch of women's clothes recently (high end shop), and they took a BM dress.
  • Options

imageIrisheyes1247:
    I don't know how to go about selling it, but if you can't, maybe you could donate it to one of those Fairy Godmother-type programs for girls to get prom dresses.

I may go this route. I worked/volunteered with them one year. They get a TON of dresses but do a world of good. You should see some of the crap people donated!

The tax deduction would be just as good as some cash! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"