December 2011 Moms
Options

Red Lobster ok?

We are probably going out to dinner tonight and telling DHs brother and girlfriend. DHs parents have a gift card to Red Lobster they want to use. Is it ok to eat here?

Should I just stick with fish?

I wouldnt eat crab or lobster being pregnant but I didnt know if all the fish/ shrimp was ok to eat?

** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
DS: December 19, 2011
MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Red Lobster ok?

• Options
    My doc said no more than 2 servings of fish/week, especially albacore tuna.  I just assumed that fish, included all seafood, shelled fish, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    You can eat crab and lobster while pregnant.  Seafood in general is OK to eat, except for fish known to be high in mercury, such as tuna, mackerel, tilefish, and swordfish.  Consumption of those types of fish should be limited to 1 serving per week.  My doctor said that other types of seafood are fine in moderation. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagePocky873:
    You can eat crab and lobster while pregnant.  Seafood in general is OK to eat, except for fish known to be high in mercury, such as tuna, mackerel, tilefish, and swordfish.  Consumption of those types of fish should be limited to 1 serving per week.  My doctor said that other types of seafood are fine in moderation. 

This. My doctor actually encouraged me to eat up to three servings of certain fish (like salmon) per week. Seafood that is low in mercury is good for you during pregnancy, in moderation of course.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • Options

You want to stay awake from raw seafood (ie oysters, sushi, etc.) and you want to choose low-mercury fish.  Ideally, tilapia and salmon are good choices.  Be careful about the sauces.  You don't want anything that has raw eggs, so avoid the tartar sauces and other mayo based dressings. 

Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Avoid Shark, swordfish and tuna! Make sure the shellfish are cooked fully (no raw oysters) and everything else will be FINE!! My hubby took me out to eat mussels (fully cooked) crab cakes and shrimp. Doc said that sounded like a good meal and asked if she could join us! You just need to be careful about Murcery. Google is an awesome tool to search for fish you should avoid
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageDiademChi:

You want to stay awake from raw seafood (ie oysters, sushi, etc.) and you want to choose low-mercury fish.  Ideally, tilapia and salmon are good choices.  Be careful about the sauces.  You don't want anything that has raw eggs, so avoid the tartar sauces and other mayo based dressings. 

This. If I were you, I would look at their online menu before I went so I had an idea of my options before.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers pregnancy calendar Photobucket
  • Options
    Now I'm craving crab....Thanks  ;)   Guess where DH is taking me for dinner now? lol
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"