Preemies
Options

Hi.

I'm new here. I had my LO , Joaquin, on Momday at 35w,5d. He is in the NICU, and is doing well overall. I know he is doing well compared to a lot of babies, and that he was very close to being full term, but I was hoping to be able to stick around here for some support. I've been doing pretty good with the whole NICU experience so far. However, I'm being discharged today, and now the thought of going home without my baby is killing me. I know he will be home soon, but this is all so hard. I just wanna go home today with my baby, and start living our life as a family of 4. Thanks ladies.
Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks

Re: Hi.

• Options

Congrats on Joaquin's birth!

Hugs to you. Leaving your baby a the hospital is really hard. It doesn't ever get easier to be without you LO but it does become more "normal." Remind yourself that you are making the best decision you can as his mom to leave him with the doctors even though its really hard. Start pumping if you haven't done so and remind yourself that you are taking care of him every time you pump.

Then spend as much time as YOU can at the NICU. This is a completely relative term so try not to feel guilty if you see parents who are there more than you or to judge parents who are there less. I actually found I could spend more time with my DD after I was discharged because I was no longer a patient as well. It sounds like you will have your son home with you soon!

• Options
    Congrats! I hope your LO is home soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you! I needed to hear this.
    Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your son. Praying for a short NICU stay.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"