Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Successful Pregnancy RIGHT after D&C?

Hello!

I had a D&C on Monday after a missed m/c. I know most doctors say to wait at least one cycle before TTC again. Has anyone gotten pregnant after a D&C before they received a normal period? Thanks for any input! I hope to join you ladies with good news in the coming months! :)

Re: Successful Pregnancy RIGHT after D&C?

• Options
    I had a D&C for an ectopic at the end of Nov. I have pcos so I never have a "regular" cycle. I did not get a period before I got my BFP on Jan 15. Good luckSmile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know why I didn't say this in my prev post but I'm really sorry for your loss. It will get better!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry for your loss..

I had a D&C at the end of July had ONE reg cycle and then got pg in Sept. HTH

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Me!  I had a D&C on January 7...and in March realized I hadn't had a period yet.  When I called my RE to see if I could be put on Provera to jump start my period, the nurse suggested I take a home pregnancy test first...

Sure enough, it was positive...I found out at my next appointment I was already 9 weeks pregnant!!  I guess it was good because I was able to get through the typical 2 week wait and early weeks of pregnancy without too much worry.

Of course, now at 14 weeks, worry is ALL I do.  :(  LOL

I was really worried about my uterine lining not being built up enough after a D&C, but my RE and regular OB assured me that all is well.

Good luck!

• Options

First off, I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope you're coping well, virtual hugs to you!

I hate to be the party pooper but OMG ladies, last thing I wanted to do is BD after my D&C, I would suggest looking at real videos of how the procedure is done, that itself will make you want to give your body time to heal.  To me it was WAY worth waiting for my uterus to heal, I could not imagine losing another baby or two because of my impatience.  BUT, everybody is different and I have read success stories about immediate conception and happy pregnancies.  It's up to you and what you are comfortable with, just make sure you give yourself time to grieve for your baby.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"