LGBT Parenting
Options

New here with question

Hello Ladies,

My wife and I have one daughter, and another on the way....but we have a question.  We live in a VERY gay friendly city with lots of gay families...and our daughter has never questioned why she doesn't have a father....she just knows all families are different, and hers has 2 moms....

We are unsure how to start talking about the donor (it was unknown, and really, we never even think about it anymore).....and how she came to be in this world.  We are expecting our 2nd, and that hasn't even brought up any discussions about how the baby came to be.  At this point, we have never talked about it not even once....and I don't want to wait, or to say the wrong thing.

What have other families done?  Just curious.

Re: New here with question

• Options

Our kids are almost 5y and we haven't had this conversation yet, though I don't think it will be far off as they have asked about how they came out of me but not how they got in! :)  They've asked more about family composition (why some people have 2 moms/single parents/1 mom and 1 dad) than biology. Our conversations have been more about some women love men and some love other women, etc.

When the time comes, we will just explain it as a man that we don't know gave us a gift and the doctor put it in me and it made them...or something along those lines. We'll fill in with more details as they get older and/or ask more questions.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"