Snarky and T-TTC

Grrrrr

I am gearing up for another try at IVF after my last cancelled cycle.  I'm doing a different protocol starting as soon as AF shows.  I have no idea really how long I will stim or when retrieval will be at this point, but I was estimating around May 9.  Well, H just tells me that he is going to be out of town that whole week and maybe the week before for work.  When I ask him if I should cancel this cycle and wait for next month, he says that he will be traveling a lot then too and asks if I want him to just quit his job and wait around to do IVF. 

I am trying to convince him to fly back the night before and then go back the next morning after the retrieval if it falls during that week. I don't know why he can't just explain to them that his wife is having surgery and that he will be back asap. I think they would be understanding about that. He doesn't want to do this however.  He would rather us be out the money and not go to retrieval if it happens when he is scheduled to be gone.

Ugh.  This sucks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!

Re: Grrrrr

• Ah, Stacy, I'm sorry.  :-(  It is always so much hurry up and wait and you just never know how your body will react and how things will go.  Can be so frustrating!  And sounds like both of you are feeling the stress.

Would you guys maybe be willing to have your DH leave a few frozen samples to use just in case he can't come back in time?  We had some frozen as a back-up just in case DH's fresh sample the day of sucked, etc... 

Hopefully it all works out with timing and everything. 

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was going to ask about freezing some samples too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh man, that sucks Stacy.  The timing of these things always ends up being such a pain.  And of course your H reacted the way he did--typical guy.  I agree with what the other girls said---see what he/your RE think about the frozen samples.  I hope you guys can figure something out so that you can cycle next month!!  Most of all, fingers crossed your H loosens up and agrees to fly back if he is away. 
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My RE doesn't think freezing a sample would be a good idea with H due to his severe MFI, so we can only do fresh. Sad
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Ugh, I know your pain on that front.  I am sending lots of vibes your way that your H changes his mind about his traveling situation.  Men can be so stubborn!
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Sorry Stacy. The waiting and timing of IVf is so stressful! I hope everything works out.
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So frustrating.
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • imageStacy092306:
    My RE doesn't think freezing a sample would be a good idea with H due to his severe MFI, so we can only do fresh. Sad

UGH! What if he gave several samples to increase the odds of having good sperm to choose from?

• dude, that sucks.   Flying back and forth would make you out a lot less money then doing a cycle and not finishing.

My RE will not allow any travel during a treatment cycle at all.   Probably for these type of situations.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • imageSerendipitie:

imageStacy092306:
    My RE doesn't think freezing a sample would be a good idea with H due to his severe MFI, so we can only do fresh. Sad

UGH! What if he gave several samples to increase the odds of having good sperm to choose from?

My RE  still won't do it even with multiple samples.  His count is usually around 600,000 or so, which gives them enough to choose from.  But, there is this unknown factor of what causes the sperm to die when they try to do ICSI.  She is afraid the freezing would aggravate that even further. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"