Oklahoma Babies
Options

Integris Baptist or Lakeside Womens

My Fiance and I are getting married in 2 months and want to TTC right away. I just had my check-up and told her about this. She informed me that they (the drs at my office) stopped doing babies. Now I need a new doctor for when we concieve. I think I want Lakeside Womens in OKC, but some people have told me about Integris Baptist in OKC as well. Has anyone had a baby or know of anyone who has at either of these hospitals? I want to be able to keep the baby in my room unless I ask them to take it to a nursery. I don't like a hospital so a hospital feel may not be best, but I can handle it if it is a better environment. I don't like needles so a hospital with great nurses would be awesome! Also, if anyone has an OB that is great, and would like to suggest one....that would also be very helpful! Thanks!

Re: Integris Baptist or Lakeside Womens

• Options

I had my first 3 a Integris SOUTHWEST. I had no problems. Baby kept in room with me.

I had a friend that had her twins at Baptist. Great experience for her and NICU was great. 

I also hear good things about Lakeside.  

Lakeside is privately owned and for-profit while Intergris is Non-profit. You may look at your insurance first, also. Lakeside physicians wanted my deductible paid out by week 30...while other physicians took my insurance reimbursements as payment and will bill at the end for any part of my deductible I owe.

So definitely check through physicians you are considering for both hospitals, first, in regard to your insurance and go from there.

I hear good things about Dr. Kallenburger (who delivers at Baptist) and Dr. Wassemiller-Smith (Lakeside) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It doesn't sound like you're considering Mercy, but my OB is Karen Wilks, and she's fantastic. Never awkward, super knowledgeable, I love her. We're not TTC yet, but I'm thankful that I have a great doctor for when that time comes. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had 2 babies, one at Lakeside and one at Baptist. I had a much better experience at baptist. Baptist just remodeled the maternity suite and they look amazing. My husband was also much more comfortable at Baptist. Baptist also has a cafeteria that you can order from, whereas Lakeside carters their food. Because of this you can only get the one meal served, and only for one person. Also Lakeside doesn't have a NICU or operating room. If anything where to happen to you our they baby you would need to be transfered to Mercy. My doctor at Baptist was Dr. Vadakekut and she was amazing. She always listened and addressed every concern. However, I was delivered by Dr. Kallenberger. He was also a great doctor. My doctor at Lakeside was Dr. Bishop. She was horrible. She flew through appointments and didn't ever listen to me.
  • Options

I delivered at Baptist and had a great experience.  I was going there for a few months before my delivery for non-stress tests and one day when I went my LO just stopped moving which was very unusual.  I told one of the nurses on the delivery floor that I just knew something was wrong and she believed me. She remained persistent with figuring out what was wrong even though it took almost all day and I ended up delivering 6 weeks early via c-section due to fetal respiratory distress. I only wish I remembered her name because she trusted my maternal instinct and didn't treat me like an overly emotional first time mom. My little guy ended up having to go to the NICU due to prematurity and I will never forget how respectful every Baptist employee treated myself and my family.  I hope you will never have to have a child go to the NICU, but it is reassuring to have one where you deliver and Baptist NICU and delivery nurses and doctors are the best.

My OB who delivers at Baptist is Dr. Victoria Mills who I cannot recommend enough.  She was very proactive about potential issues you go through with pregnancy and knows what you are going through because she is a mom too.  She it patient and you really feel like she cares. I Love Dr Mills!

• Options
    I'll be delivering at Integris Baptist mainly due to my husband's friends. All their wives/girlfriends recommended Baptist as "the best place to deliver in OKC". I also had Dr. Vadakekut (briefly), but I didn't have a good experience with her at all. Her "bedside manner" was severely lacking (very cold, not personable) and she didn't give me any advice at all. I'm a soon-to-be new mom with limited knowledge, but instead of talking to me, she gave me a packet with information in it and shuffled me out the door. I'm going to a Dr. Thomas tomorrow. He came highly recommended to me by a friend's wife, so hopefully he's better (he also delivers at Integris).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    If you havent found an OB yet, I really really love mine. Her name is Dr. Nanda and she is at baptist integris. I am pregnant with our first baby and just absolutly love her and the intire staff there. I have a friend that went to her and recommended her to me and also some anesthesiologist that I work with say she is the best. Hope this helps Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"