South Florida Babies

Had c-section and havent been the same....beware of sleepy intestines

April 1,2011 I had a c-section and since then I have been in and out of the hospital.It wasnt my first time having one and at the last minute I decided not to go for the VBAC.I sure do wish I wouldve been patient and pushed.The next day after surgery I went back to eating like I always do,and my digestive system got all messed up.The next day after eating breakfast,lunch,and dinner I felt horrible.I had this terrible pain that wouldnt go away in my stomach.The nurses kept saying it was gas and to drink some hot tea followed by walking around.That didnt help...I was in soooo much pain.My incision wasnt even the problem.I couldnt sleep for nothing,and could barely feed my baby because the pain was so bad.The next day I woke up o.k and after that I went back to feeling the pain.The nurses gave me enemas and ect...didnt help.The doc released me after being in there longer than I was suppose to and told me that I would be better at home.After being discharge I got some Gas X and Maalox to help with the gas pains but didnt really have any luck.The has was so bad after a couple of days,it made me throw up.I was scared to even eat and didnt have an appetite.The pain got to bad after being home nearly a week that I had to go back to the E.R.I stayed there hours and hours for them to tell me once again that it was gas.They did x-rays and sent me home still in pain.I still couldnt eat because of the pain but had diarrhea and kept throwing up. My stomach was still big like I was 4 months prego still and when I rub it,it felt like something still in my tummy.I went back to the E.R. on Friday and just got released last night.They told me this time while I was in there that my intestines had expanded and was about to burst.I had to have a tube put in my nose,going down my throat,to my stomach to suction some of the juices out.I couldnt eat of course for a couple of days.Finally they took the tube out and put me on a juice diet,then today a soft food diet.I told them that my stomach started back hurting.They told me because I havent ate in days and my stomach has to get back to normal.Since I been home,I havent been able to sleep,the pain is terrible.Also I've thrown up since I been home.Im scared because I think that they didnt do there job.They should've x-ray me before I left,which I asked for.I have been doing research on this whole thing and it looks like I have a blockage in my intestine which they said before,but I dont think it went away.Im praying that I wont have to go back and God will just take this problem away from me.I cant bare to be away from my 3 kids again.

Has anyone heard of anything like this???? Please keep me in your prayers

Re: Had c-section and havent been the same....beware of sleepy intestines

• That sounds terrible!  I would go back to your doc or another one for a second opinion.  I hope you get better soon and this pain goes away.  It must be so hard to take care of your kids and a newborn while going through this.
  • AlbahAlbah member
    So sorry to hear this! Definitely not easy dealing with this with your kiddos at home. Sounds like you had a partial bowel obstruction. You should follow up with your Ob and if the pain continues, then definitely get seen asap! Good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"