Multiples

Insurance paying for formula?

If the dr says they need to have a certain formula, will insurance pay for some of it....even if it is sold over the counter?   Neosure for example?

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
Baby #3 due January 2016
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Insurance paying for formula?

• No.  WIC covers it though.  And (at least in Washington) it isn't based on income but on need, so my girls qualified and my son qualified as an add-on. 

I use coupons with formula checks and get my formula pretty cheap. 

Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • ic,   how do you get info/signed up for that?  I will take whatever I can get!

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
    Baby #3 due January 2016
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • It depends on the insurance. My insurance covers all of our formula. DD is on Neosure and DS is on Nutrameigen. Our pediatrician writes a script for it (we also have to mix it special to get 24 calories due to them being preemies) and the pharmacy fills it. It's actually pretty common in my area for insurance to cover formula, but like I said, it depends on the insurance. Definitley call yours and ask.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It depends on your insurance plan.  Our plan covered Neosure and Alimentum (reinbursed us), but we switched plans in October with the same insurance company (Aetna) and our new plan no longer would cover it. 
  • Interesting!  We didn't get that at all.  My triplets were on NeoSure for 6 months.

As for WIC, you need to sign up through the state and they will see if you qualify (Department of Health and Social Services?).  If they find that your family is in need, then you will likely get it.

Also, coupons are available online (ebay and coupon trade websites).

Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • It depends on the STATE.  By law in NJ (my state) insurance has to cover it for the reason my babies are on alimentum.  If you call and ask they will tell you know, then give the Dr.'s office the run around.  Stick it out because if by law they have to pay for it they will if you don't give up!

It's been quite a process, but at 26.99 a can it's worth it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My health insurance covers our formula. Just call your insurance provider and ask, they can look it up to see if it would be covered if you get a prescription from the dr and get it filled at a pharmacy.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers Beta #1 9/23= 81 on 10dpo 1st u/s 10/1/09=too early 2nd u/s scheduled for 10/14/09=3 heartbeats...OMG 2 BOYS & a GIRL!!!! Triplets born 33w,4 d due to PRE-E 4 pounds, 5 oz. each Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"