Success after IF

Hand, Foot & Mouth during PG???

Hi Girls-

Does anyone know any info on Hand, Foot and Mouth during PG??? I have a call into the OB, but haven't heard back yet.

Here is the situation: tonight and tomorrow night are Passover. My aunt just called and my 23 year old cousin has it (she is a pre-school teacher). We are supposed to go to this aunt's house tomorrow night. She started antibiotics today. She did not help with any of the food prep and if we come over, my cousin is going to stay in her room downstairs during the dinner.

I'm not sure what to do.

My lovely DH is out of town the WHOLE week (and yes, I'm still on "modified" bedrest....). The last thing I want is for myself or the boys to come down with this.

My gut is saying to not go, but I am just wondering if anyone has any info on this. I am in my 3rd tri now.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hand, Foot & Mouth during PG???

• I was in the 3rd tri when Stella came down with hand, foot and mouth last summer.  I took care of her the whole time and was fine. 

Have you talked to your OB about it? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Most of the time adults have already been exposed so you probably won't get it, but  the kids might.

Not sure why she's taking an antibiotic since it's a virus....but if she already has the blisters then she's not contagious. It's pre-blister that they are per my pedi.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I personally would not go.  My DS had it when he was in daycare and he was miserable!  I was around him when I was pregnant and was fine.  My pedi said that the disease you really want to watch out for when pregnant is Fifths Disease.  I just would not want to go because I would not want to have two kids get it and be miserable.  GOOD LUCK!
    It took over four years to be diagnosed with PCOS. We TTC #1 for 18 months, did 5 rounds of Clomid and finally moved onto IVF...which worked! Throughout our IF journey, we suffered 3 miscarriages. We conceived both DD and DS without treatment.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"