Pregnant after IF
Options

Idiot move, resulting in injury...

So, I have 2 cats and 2 dogs. All animals sleep in crates at night. The dogs have regular dog crates, and the cats have a huge cage (almost as tall as I am, and about half as wide as it is tall, and pretty deep too. It is big enough for their litterbox, food dish, and a sleeping area (no water in there with them, as they tip it over then make a HUGE mess with wet litter). If they don't go in their crate at night, they spend the entire night making noise so we can't sleep and attempting to get into anything that will make us mad! 

Anyway, all the crates are in our utility/laundry room. Right above the washer and dryer are a few cupboards, and the cats have figured out that they can jump up on the washer, jump onto the top of the cupboard, then they have a clear opening into the ceiling. My one cat has taken to jumping up there to avoid being locked up at night. Usually I can sweet talk her down, or grab the broom and block the opening. Tonight....she was fast and didn't want to come out. I was mad at her for not listening (do cats ever listen?), so I decided to grab a chair, climb up, and see if I could reach her.

Pregnancy brain, stupidity, or something made me grab the folding chair. Stupidly, I stepped on the BACK of the seat, and as soon as I put my weight on it, my foot went right through and caused the whole thing to collapse on my leg/ankle.

It scared the *** out of me. Luckily, I wasn't seriously injured. I'm going to be bruised up all up and down my right leg, and the inside part of my ankle (right on the bone) got a long scrape that bled a bit. Other than that, I'm just mad at myself for being so stupid as to try to stand on a folding chair like that....especially while pregnant.

Anyway...let this serve as a PSA to everyone..don't climb on folding chairs! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
SAIFW

Re: Idiot move, resulting in injury...

• Options
    Ouch!!! You're very lucky you didn't hurt yourself more sweetie! Take it easy for the next couple of days!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yikes!!!  You have a lot on your plate right now - (understatement) - take care of yourself!  No standing on furniture!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah....dumb move...and I know it. I've already been reprimanded by DH, too...

I honestly don't know what I was thinking. I know better than to stand on a folding chair....just like I wouldn't stand on a rolling chair. Just a dumb move!

I'm just glad I'm (relatively) ok. My ankle hurts a bit where it was scraped, but other than that, I'm pretty much ok. Just mad at myself for putting myself in a situation where I could've REALLY been hurt! 

SAIFW
  • Options

Ouch! That sounds like it would have been really scary and painful.  I'm glad you are okay other then some cuts and bruising. 

I agree cats are silly and never, ever listen.  I am impressed that yours will sleep in a crate.  Mine is terrified of her cage and will run and hide if we even bring it in the house.  She usually sleeps in the hallways.  But if a door is closed she will scratch at it until we open it. 

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oww!  Glad you are okay though!
  • Options

My PT therapist won't even let me step in and out of the bath tub at home without DH's help for fear of me falling!

So, standing on chairs is a definite no-no!

But I am glad you and the baby are ok!

• Options
    Oh my gosh. I'm glad you are ok.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ouch girlie!  Be careful and I will take your word for it to stay off folding chairs!
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ouch! Glad you are ok!
  • Options
    Yikes, that was so dangerous! I hope you're feeling better!
  • Options
    Oh no!  Glad you weren't hurt any worse than you are!  Hope you get to feeling better soon! 
  • Options
    imageSallyAnneS:

Ouch! That sounds like it would have been really scary and painful.  I'm glad you are okay other then some cuts and bruising. 

I agree cats are silly and never, ever listen.  I am impressed that yours will sleep in a crate.  Mine is terrified of her cage and will run and hide if we even bring it in the house.  She usually sleeps in the hallways.  But if a door is closed she will scratch at it until we open it. 

My cat's got used to their cage at night fairly quickly...but it is HUGE...not like a cat carrier. My father in law used to breed cats, and gave us this cage from when he used it for that. It is about 5 feet tall, about 4 feet deep, and about 3 feet wide. Pretty big....and they both go in there together. If left out at night, they not only scratch at doors, but they also get into ANYTHING that will make noise to keep us awake! And they get the dogs all riled up too. It was bad before we got the cage! And usually, both cats hop right in when I tell them it's time...they know they get more food in their bowl then, and are very excited about it. Just recently, my skittish cat figured out she can hide in the ceiling, so now she makes me chase her. Ugh! 

SAIFW
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"