Pregnant after IF

IVF ladies: embryo grades

Do you know the grades of the embryos that were transfered/resulted in BFP?  I know there's more to it than just this, but am interested if you are willing to share.  TIA!
TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: IVF ladies: embryo grades

• Transferred two grade II blasts and one grade II morula. We decided to transfer the third one because they were not sure if it would make it to freeze and I did not have any other frosties. The other two embies I had were crap quality.
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I go in for my 1st u/s on Monday. But for with this BFP I had a 3dt of 2 grade 2 embryos. One was a 7 cell and the other an 8 cell.

I also had 6 embryos that made it to blast stage that were grade 3, but my clinic doesn't freeze anything that is lower than a grade 2. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had 1 8 cell grade 1 embryo, and they did assisted hatching and a day 3 transfer for this pregnancy.  Previously, I had a 2 cell, and a 3 cell, both grade 1, transfered on a day 2 transfer w/o assisted hatching, and that resulted in a BFN.   My clinic does not do 5 day transfers.  Hope this helps!
    TTC Child #1 Sept '08, Dx: Unexplained, DOR 2 IUI's = BFN, m/c, IVF 1 = 0 embies to put back, IVF 2 = BFN, IVF 3 = cancelled, IVF 4 = BFP with 1 embie. Our son came into our life on 9/28/11. We are in love! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know what grade they were, but we transferred 2 morulas (not even blastocysts yet) on day 5.  They were definitely the best I ever produced - quality-wise.
  • We transferred two "beautiful" blasts. I'm not sure what they were graded the day of transfer, but the day before they were grade 1s.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • grazygrazy member
    My embryo that stuck was the lowest grade! Anything can happen!
    DS born 7.30.11
  • My last pg it was an 8-cell day 3.  This one was a 3BB blast.

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
    2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
    IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
    IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
    IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
    Lap 7/21/10
    IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
    FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

• All I got this time was 2 "perfect" blasts.  I actually didn't want to know, since I knew all the other times and then I would obsess.

Good luck with your next cycle!

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I did a 3 day transfer with 2 grade 2 embryos.  They were 6 cells each I believe.  One of them stuck.

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• We transferred 2 8 cell grade A embies.  The highest grade my RE gives them.  One stuck, one didn't
  • i know my clinic grades a little different from others. i had a 5dt of 2 "perfect blasts" 

good luck with your cycle!! 

::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jcathjcath member

We transferred one grade A blast and we have one frozen grade A blast. It not only stuck but divided!

In my first IVF I had 6 embies that made it to day 5. 5 morulas and 1 blast, they froze the blast and did CGH on all 6.  All six were chromosomally abnormal - with multiple missing and extra chromsomes.  Just b/c you get a good grade doesn't mean you've got a quality embie.

• JenCWJenCW member

No grade given from our RE, but we did a 5dt of a single embryo which he said was just shy of blast stage (in a few hours it would have been considered a blast).

Good luck with your cycle.

• In my siggy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image Eloise & Grant born 7/3/11
  • I think they were a 4BB and a 4BC but I'm not positive. 
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • We transferred what our embryologist referred to as 2 - 8 cell B grade embryos. We are pregnant with just 1!
  • I don't remember but I think they were 2 8 cell transferred on day 3, we transferred a 5AA blast for our FET and got a BFP.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"