Pregnant after IF
Options

IVF ladies: embryo grades

Do you know the grades of the embryos that were transfered/resulted in BFP?  I know there's more to it than just this, but am interested if you are willing to share.  TIA!
TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: IVF ladies: embryo grades

• Options
    Transferred two grade II blasts and one grade II morula. We decided to transfer the third one because they were not sure if it would make it to freeze and I did not have any other frosties. The other two embies I had were crap quality.
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I go in for my 1st u/s on Monday. But for with this BFP I had a 3dt of 2 grade 2 embryos. One was a 7 cell and the other an 8 cell.

I also had 6 embryos that made it to blast stage that were grade 3, but my clinic doesn't freeze anything that is lower than a grade 2. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had 1 8 cell grade 1 embryo, and they did assisted hatching and a day 3 transfer for this pregnancy.  Previously, I had a 2 cell, and a 3 cell, both grade 1, transfered on a day 2 transfer w/o assisted hatching, and that resulted in a BFN.   My clinic does not do 5 day transfers.  Hope this helps!
    TTC Child #1 Sept '08, Dx: Unexplained, DOR 2 IUI's = BFN, m/c, IVF 1 = 0 embies to put back, IVF 2 = BFN, IVF 3 = cancelled, IVF 4 = BFP with 1 embie. Our son came into our life on 9/28/11. We are in love! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know what grade they were, but we transferred 2 morulas (not even blastocysts yet) on day 5.  They were definitely the best I ever produced - quality-wise.
  • Options
    We transferred two "beautiful" blasts. I'm not sure what they were graded the day of transfer, but the day before they were grade 1s.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    grazygrazy member
    My embryo that stuck was the lowest grade! Anything can happen!
    DS born 7.30.11
  • Options
    My last pg it was an 8-cell day 3.  This one was a 3BB blast.

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
    2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
    IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
    IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
    IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
    Lap 7/21/10
    IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
    FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

• Options

All I got this time was 2 "perfect" blasts.  I actually didn't want to know, since I knew all the other times and then I would obsess.

Good luck with your next cycle!

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I did a 3 day transfer with 2 grade 2 embryos.  They were 6 cells each I believe.  One of them stuck.

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• Options
    We transferred 2 8 cell grade A embies.  The highest grade my RE gives them.  One stuck, one didn't
  • Options

i know my clinic grades a little different from others. i had a 5dt of 2 "perfect blasts" 

good luck with your cycle!! 

::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jcathjcath member

We transferred one grade A blast and we have one frozen grade A blast. It not only stuck but divided!

In my first IVF I had 6 embies that made it to day 5. 5 morulas and 1 blast, they froze the blast and did CGH on all 6.  All six were chromosomally abnormal - with multiple missing and extra chromsomes.  Just b/c you get a good grade doesn't mean you've got a quality embie.

• Options
    JenCWJenCW member

No grade given from our RE, but we did a 5dt of a single embryo which he said was just shy of blast stage (in a few hours it would have been considered a blast).

Good luck with your cycle.

• Options
    In my siggy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image Eloise & Grant born 7/3/11
  • Options
    I think they were a 4BB and a 4BC but I'm not positive. 
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    We transferred what our embryologist referred to as 2 - 8 cell B grade embryos. We are pregnant with just 1!
  • Options
    I don't remember but I think they were 2 8 cell transferred on day 3, we transferred a 5AA blast for our FET and got a BFP.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"