School-Aged Children

NSR: Any baseball players/ catchers?

Clayton has played ball for 6 years, but tonight he was able to try catching for the first time at a practice game. Well we always thought he was ment to be a second baseman, but wow.  The boy makes a phenomenal catcher!   We are soo excited for him.  His face just LIT UP!   We spoke with his coach and most likely that is his new position.  He will provide the gear, but if this is something Clayton loves I will most likely buy his own set of gear.    Are there any moms of catchers on this board?  If so, what brands/ ect...  do you like?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: NSR: Any baseball players/ catchers?

• My 1st grader gets to play catcher at every game. Have the leagues he's been on never allowed it before?

How awesome that your child is excelling in that position. :)

I'd check out Academy for sports gear. That's where we buy all of our baseball gear.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The league has always allowed it, but he has just never played the position.  Every team he has been on *including this year* already had a seasoned, so to speak, catcher so he was never given the opportunity.  The only reason he was yesterday is because they were a few kids short so they had our normal catcher pitch.  Clayton ended up being better than our normal catcher!! Big Smile  So I think they are going to put him in Claytons old position which was/is second base.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Here's my 6 year old catcher. (How cute is he?) The equipment is provided by the league. I believe it's Wilson equipment. It's a challenging and HOT position with all that equipment.  

How exciting about Clayton's new position. How old is he? How proud you must be to watch him excel! That is awesome! 

IMG_5423

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

• Clayton is 10 will be 11 in June.  He has played ball a long time and has always wanted to catch.  It is all he has talked about since the other night to the point that he wanted me to pull up some youtube videos of catching drills.  :D  I'll post a picture of him in the league provided gear after the game tomorrow.  * The reason we want to buy him his own set if he stays serious is because the coaches set is worn and after every play he was having to restrap the leg gear and fuss with the chest pad.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"