Pregnant after IF

looking for Menopur success stories

Starting Menopur injections next weekend.  This is our first round, and I am doing 1 vial per day for 5 days.  Anyone have any insight?  How did you respond to 1 vial, how many days did you stim, etc?

TIA!

Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
DH: 31, normal!
April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: looking for Menopur success stories

• I had a better response with menopur than I did with gonal-f. The first time I used menopur I think I stimmed somewhere around 16 days? I am obviously a slow responder, but the second time was quicker since we knew to start me off on a higher dose. Sorry I can't remember exact time frame, but if you are interested you could find those posts in my blog. GL!
    Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • I had no response to Clomid so my RE gave me Femara for 5 days and then Menopur for 6 days. I did 1 vial(75 IU) a day and had 2 follicles the first IUI, 3 the second.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    2 Hearts, 4 Wagging Tails and a Baby
    TTC #1 since 3/09 - DX Hypothyroid, PCOS, MFI
    M/C 8/10
    Injections/IUI #2 = BFP!! Emmett, born 12/7/11
    TTC #2 - CP 9/12, M/C 1/13
    Injections/IUI - April 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Same dose as you for my first IVF.  We are expecting twins. Good luck to you!!

• We used the generic form of Menopur, Lepori.  During our very 1st cycle (the 1st one we did 5 years ago to try to conceive our daughter)  my RE started me on 1 dose a day, but I was a seriously slow responder, so she kept increasing it until, by day 14-15 I was mixing 5 doses together.  That cycle didn't work, but we did the 2nd cycle with 5 doses a day and it worked! Our daughter's 4 1/2 years old.

This time around, even though my RE wasn't sure she wanted us to go with Lepori/Menopur again, we did basically an identical cycle to the one that brought our daughter and now we're expecting twins!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I took 3 vials for about 16 days to get my BFP. This was my 4th Menopur cycle, but only the 2nd with mature follies, and therefore 2nd IUI also. It took a lot of tweeking to get my body to respond. I'm a plus sized girl, so they said that could be one reason why it took more. I went on BCP for 2 months during the holidays and that also seemed to help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"