3rd Trimester

Differences between Boy/Girl Pregnancies?

Just curious if you are having or have had a boy how your pregnancy is/was and if you are having or have had a girl how that pregnancy was. I'm just curious if there is a marked difference between the two.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Differences between Boy/Girl Pregnancies?

• No noticeable differences for me.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Having had two completely different pregnancies with my first and second (a boy then a girl), I would have thought so. That is until I found out this third baby is a boy. This pregnancy is pretty identical to my girl pregnancy, but he's definitely a he. I would say the only difference I could see is that with my boys, I carried/am carrying higher and rounder. My daughter carried lower and wider. My last two pregnancies have been equivalent in terms of sickness, movement, growth, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my second (a girl) and first was a boy. 

The only really noticeable things were morning sickness in the 1st tri (none first time around), heartburn earlier (but that could be because it is #2, I don't know) and the hair on my legs doesn't  grow AT ALL. I was like a hairy beast with #1. Not much else. I don't think it was a remarkable difference at all.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Boy: Heartbeat normally in the 150-170 range. No morning sickness. Carried low. Craved red meat and potatoes. Carried all belly. Lots of heartburn.

Girl: Heartbeat normally in the 130-140 range. No morning sickness. Carried low. Craved sweets. Carried more weight in thighs. No heartburn at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LI444LI444 member

When I was pregnant with my son, the pregnancy was easier morning-sickness-wise, but he was super lazy.  We lost a baby before getting pregnant with him, so I was super paranoid and weepy because he really didn't move that much unless I prodded him or drank something cold, and even then it wasn't often enough for me to feel reassured.  He did hiccup almost every single day though.

In general, the morning sickness this time around (it's a girl) was a lot worse, and the tired feeling hasn't really gone away.  That said, I'm also parenting a toddler this time around.  She moves all the time though, so I'm rarely worrying about her. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my son I carried lower and more outfront. My skin was clear and my breasts grew towards the end of the pregnancy (and they never hurt). My hair grew quickly as well. With this pregnancy (I'm having a girl) my skin isn't clear, almost all my weight gain is in my hips, my breasts grew earlier on (wish they were a bit bigger though haha). Almost this whole pregancy has been different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Both of my pregnancies have been relatively easy (no sickness or constant exhaustion), but there are some differences between the two.  With my son, I carried very high and out, had great skin, my hair did not grow at ALL, and I constantly craved chocolate.  With this pregnancy, I am carrying a little lower but my belly is much bigger and wider in general, my boobs are enormous, my skin has been awful, my hair is growing like a weed, and I constantly crave carbs and red meat.      
    My son is toddling his way to two! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • With my daughter I was miserable, looked so puffy and terrible... this time I am pregnant with a boy and I look and feel much better and have gained a lot less weight.  That being said, my cousin is pregnant with her 2nd boy  and she had a wonderful pregnancy the first time, and this time she is miserable.... so like pp said, every pregnancy is different whether it's a boy or girl...
  • For me,  I say yes definitly. With DD I did have horrible morning sickness for the first 4 months. But after that I had a perfect pregnancy. I did gain 60 lbs and craved everything sweet and corn dogs.

Now I am pregnant with a boy and oh goddness,  I started showing at 6 weeks and was so sick that I ended up loosing 15 lbs and the sickness continued for 5 1/2 months. I have had EVERY single symptom and they have happened exactly the weeks they are supposed to. I  have only gained 7 lbs so far but he is almost 6 so thats weird  for  me.  I am carrying him different too .I am all around and wide and low. my daughter  was high and straight out.  my cravings this time  were pizza and grapejuice!!!  But now I have gotten to a point where I am not hungry at all. Also his movement has been different with DD she was pretty calm and moved a little now DS is a total gymnist and Flips and flops all day long.  It is very diffferent but now everything is going smooth. 

• This pregnancy has been polar opposite of mine with DS.  With DS, it was smooth sailing - never a complaint for 9 months.  No morning sickness, no real aches & pains, had glowing skin, felt great.  I craved all things salty with DS.  

Now, with this one (I'm having a girl)... I was really sick in the first tri (nauseous ALL the time, but never threw up), tired all the time, horrible skin, really really sore with all sorts of aches & pains.  I crave everything sweet with this one (cookies, cake, candy... especially M&Ms!) Oh, and my nausea has reared its ugly head again in the third tri... awesome. :)  This little girl owes me :)

Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • seriously? How hung up are you on this? 

• Don't have my own experiences to share yet (team green), but reading out of curiousity and to match up my symptoms...but one PP is super sick with DS next one is sick with DD.  Who knows? 

I did want to add though that my co-worker, who is due in July, was certain she was having a girl this time as it has been the polar opposite from her 1st pregnancy.  Nope, another boy. 

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Had a girl and now having a boy. Both very different, much more m/s this time , ailments, etc.  But, I also have a 2 1/2 year old at home and as they say, every pregnancy is different.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"