Illinois Babies
Options

Looking for natural body products, cleaning service SW subs

I've decided it's time to make a change. I want to switch over my body products to natural products, just not sure which line is good. Lotions, body washes, shampoos...even for my little guy. Also, I live in the Lockport/Lemont area and am looking for a good cleaning service...one that I can trust, and one that uses green products. Any suggestions?

Re: Looking for natural body products, cleaning service SW subs

• Options

Whole Foods or Trader Joes are good places to start.  The people that work at those two stores (generally) are very helpful and knowledgeable about the products they sell.  Burts Bees is a common mostly natural body care brand that can be found at Target and grocery stores for the most part.  Also Lush has mostly all natural soap and shampoo products and etsy has lots of people that make soaps for sale, and if you want to embrace hippiness, you can always have a go at making your own stuff with supplies from health food stores.  It's amazing how cheap and easy toothpaste is to make with a bit of coconut oil, baking soda, and peppermint oil.

As for cleaning.  I'm not sure of any services that specialize in green products, but for cleaning the house, you can't go wrong with baking soda, vinegar, lemon, and using a steam cleaner (love my Haan) instead of a swiffer.  I assume, if you are hiring somebody to come clean, you might be able to specify them using only your approved products?  As for dry cleaning and stuff, no idea on that one.

Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"