D.C. Area Babies

CIty MIni Double or Sit and Stand

So the City Mini Double is $299 at Albee and I am thinking of just biting the bullet and buying it.  (It's the 2010 model).  Any detractors?  FWIW I've been debating this or the Sit and Stand with the second seat.  DD is still in a stroller sitting phase and I am not sure when she will outgrow it.  I just know I am tired of carrying baby and pushing her  a double is definitely needed.  

Re: CIty MIni Double or Sit and Stand

• I just bought the City Mini double from Albee baby yesterday for $299 which is a great price. I didn't consider a sit and stand because my main purpose for getting it is because DH and I like to take long walks in the neighborhood. DD#1 really likes the stroller so I figure I want her to be comfortable and I want a jogger type stroller that's easy to walk with.

FWIW, if you are concerned about the expense, you should know that the City Mini Double has a good resale value on Craigslist. I have been tracking them on Craigslist for the past few months with an alert because I was hoping to buy a used one. However, everyone is posting them around the $300-$350 mark. The lowest I saw was for $250 and the sellers seem to be getting those prices. So, if you are worried that you may not use it a ton, you can always resale it later and get most of your money back.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Your DD just turned two?  I think I would go with the City Mini Double.  We have the 2009 model and I have loved using it.  I can't think of any negatives except that you have to pay extra to buy a parent console.  (which I highly recommend, esp. for the cupholders).  My DD just turned 3 and is now getting to where she might be okay riding along in the Sit and Stand...it's just not as comfortable for the rider.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am also starting to look at Double Strollers, with another LO due in about a month.... and I have some follow up questions...

For those of you who already have the City Mini Double.... How do you like it?  I think I'd like the stroller since it has all the features I'm looking for -- takes a car seat, easy to fold, not too too heavy.

How is the "smoothness" of the ride of it?  My concerns biggest concern about it is that I currently love using my jogging stroller with bigger tires for our neighborhood walks.  I've found other strollers to be too bumpy.  But I don't want a huge Bob that costs $600!  Does the City Mini Double ride smoothly on sidewalks?  Easy to manuever?  What about taking it places like the mall or target?  Does it feel huge?

Thanks

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageghostgirl:
    Your DD just turned two?  I think I would go with the City Mini Double.  We have the 2009 model and I have loved using it.  I can't think of any negatives except that you have to pay extra to buy a parent console.  (which I highly recommend, esp. for the cupholders).  My DD just turned 3 and is now getting to where she might be okay riding along in the Sit and Stand...it's just not as comfortable for the rider.

That's really good to know.  Thank you!

• I LOVE my City Mini Double!!!! DD is 3 almost 4 and we debated between this and a sit and stand. Really the only time we need the double stroller is for things like going to the zoo or other outings like that. Where when DD is done, she is DONE and needs a comfortable place...the sit and stand in the end didn't really fit our needs.

That being said...this stroller ROCKS!!! It is so easy to push and I got 55lbs of kids in it. I can push this one handed. It also collapses so easy and is not that heavy. I have taken it to the mall with no problems.It has individual canopies so each kid can have it however they want it, plenty of storage space (althought the bottom basket does not fit my diaper bag - io hang it off the back).

We went to Great Beginnings and tried out dozens of strollers and really liked this and now that I use it in real settings I love it even more!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageHey Jellisy:

imageghostgirl:
    Your DD just turned two?  I think I would go with the City Mini Double.  We have the 2009 model and I have loved using it.  I can't think of any negatives except that you have to pay extra to buy a parent console.  (which I highly recommend, esp. for the cupholders).  My DD just turned 3 and is now getting to where she might be okay riding along in the Sit and Stand...it's just not as comfortable for the rider.

That's really good to know.  Thank you!

If you get the console just for the cupholder - I'd recommend this instead:

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-17803-Liquid-Holster/dp/B000IUQ46Q/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

It works well, and can be transferred to any tubular type thing after you're done with the stroller.  

• We have the sit and stand love it (no second seat).  We bought it after Molly was born and got a good deal on a closeout item at Great Beginnings (great for trying out many strollers).  For us Maggie was past wanting to sit in a stroller so the jump seat was perfect since she didn't feel so confined and it was new and interesting.  Also we don't use it all that often.  We both work and outings with both when Molly was small were few and far between or easily navigated with a single stroller and Maggie walking. 

I really liked how much smaller it was than the ones with the double seats and I have enough trouble manuevering a single stroller in some stores and tight places so the double wide seemed too much for me.

• Baby Bargains has a forum that is dedicated to strollers.  Lot's of really knowledgeable people on the board who know everything about strollers.  I posted with my list of criteria and they gave me some options to consider.

imagevml14:

I am also starting to look at Double Strollers, with another LO due in about a month.... and I have some follow up questions...

For those of you who already have the City Mini Double.... How do you like it?  I think I'd like the stroller since it has all the features I'm looking for -- takes a car seat, easy to fold, not too too heavy.

How is the "smoothness" of the ride of it?  My concerns biggest concern about it is that I currently love using my jogging stroller with bigger tires for our neighborhood walks.  I've found other strollers to be too bumpy.  But I don't want a huge Bob that costs $600!  Does the City Mini Double ride smoothly on sidewalks?  Easy to manuever?  What about taking it places like the mall or target?  Does it feel huge?

Thanks

We just got the BOB Duallie (2010) from Great Beginnings for less than $500.  We had Baby Jogger City Elite before that.  I LOVE the BOB.  I, too, thought it would be big, but it's really not that big.  We went to a farm this weekend and I pushed both kids (28 and 18 lbs) around a gravelly, farm roads with one hand (I'm petite, too).  It fit through every door we had to go through (standard doors).  Just thought I would mention it since you love your current BOB.  FWIW, we tried out the City Mini with both kids in it, and DD #1 wanted out ASAP.  When we put her in the BOB, we had to pry her out.  Not sure why, but she loves riding in it (she's 32 months).  I was planning to buy the City Mini Double, but ended up with the BOB.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"