D.C. Area Babies

Any kids seen with allergic reaction since yesterday's heat wave?

I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me. Since yesterday's unseasonable high temp. my 2 yo has been screaming at the top of her lungs indicating that her head hurts and pointing at her nostril. She's also heavily congested, coughing alot and mucousy. I'm wondering of these are allergies.

Has anyone else's kids experienced something similar in these last few days esp. since yesterday?

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: Any kids seen with allergic reaction since yesterday's heat wave?

• DD started getting a cold/allergies (I can't tell which) over the weekend (including a fever), but there's no specific change since yesterday.
  • DD has been having problems for a day or two (snotty, rubbing at her ear), but I can't tell whether she's getting sick or teething, or starting in on seasonal allergies.  (She seems so young to be saddled with that!)  My own allergies haven't gotten too terrible in the last 24 hours, but I suppose my daily regimen of meds could be limiting the symptoms I'm having for the same thing.
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks all!

I just got word from my daughter's doc that she'd be too young based on what I described to have allergies 9even airborne ones). It is suspected that she may have fluid in her ears or an ear infection.

I just thought it was strange that after yesterday she seemed to feel worse on top of what was diagnosed over the past weekend as a cold.

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"