Military Families

ideas for DH birthday present?

So my DH's birthday is coming up and he is currently several states away training to be deployed this summer.  I want to put together a birthday package with some really cool things he would like but am drawing a blank.  Any ideas?  Obviously he won't be needing much this year and I don't think it would be very nice of me to say "I got you a new fishing pole that is now waiting in the garage for you to use...in a year."  But I still want to make his birthday special in some type of way.  Any tips would be MUCH appreciated!  TIA

Re: ideas for DH birthday present?

• https://awtr.blogspot.com/2007/09/cake-in-jar.html

The above is a link for cake in a jar. My thoughts,what I've seen/heard others do, are make the cake in a jar and send some icing(his favorite) and then candles. Some streamers, noise makers,etc.  You could also send some of his favorite snacks/candies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ive done the cake in a jar too..maybe he doesnt have something to entertain him on spare time like an ipod? You can get him things like that and he can use them now while hes in training and he can take it for the deployment. I sent my hubby off with an itouch and a psp with some games. Needless to say they both were lifesavers!!! He brought his laptop too but he never got the chance to use it. You can go online and maybe send him a mini cake they are a little bigger than a cupcake but so cute just google it. I sent one off for like $10(shipping was more expensive than the cake).
    ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • A flip video.. if you guys don't have one already.. I got dh a few tv shows that he could watch on the computer durring down time.. His favorite snacks are always a plus.. I haven't seen cake in a jar but I did send him a cake... bake me a wish is awesome and DH said it was still cool when it got to him in Afghanistan..

• Thanks so much for the ideas!  
  • A digital photo key chain preloaded w/ pics.  DH loved this because it was tiny, but I put favorite pics of the whole family and our closest friends on it, so he could see them whenever we wanted to. It was kinda fun - when he came home for R&R I "stole" it from him and secretly reloaded, so next time he pulled it out, there were all new pics.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"