Trying to Get Pregnant

Most horrible names EVER...

2»

Re: Most horrible names EVER...

• I haven't had any bad first names, but I have had students with last names that were pretty awful (to the point where I probably would have change it if it was mine)

Last year I had a girl who's last name was "Morecock"

and the year before I had a boy who's last name was "McWeeney" (no I did not forget a letter - The first week of school I thought it was supposed to be McSweeney but the S was left out in a typo - no such luck)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Some kids at my school: Im'Uneek, Cartel, Billion, Princess
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCamJack mom:

I'll drop them in here as well

Clymidia 

and

La-a (pronounced la dash a)

cause the dash don't be silent LOL!!

• imagePhoxySteph:
    imageCamJack mom:

I'll drop them in here as well

Clymidia 

and

La-a (pronounced la dash a)

cause the dash don't be silent LOL!!

Ah! I heard it has the "dash be not silent" LOL It's so funny how these stories go around. 

• There is a Dr. in town named Swaid Swaid. Seriously.
  • At one of the schools I work at:

girl- A'lyric

TTC Since December 2010* Me: PCOS, taking Metformin* DH: MFI* RE recommended going straight to IVF* Our next step: DH to see a urologist Dh had Varicocele surgery 1/10/12. Surprise BFP on 1/16/12!!! Poor hubby BabyFruit Ticker
  • My neighbor is named Justice Danger, so that's interesting. And there's a mom at my school named Anastasia Fabulay (as in fabulous), yeah her name has been talked about in the teacher's lounge a few times!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There is a little girl at my school named Abcde, bless her heart.   It is pronounced  Ab-se-dee.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 2Zadod          (Yes, that's a number 2 at the beginning of the name.)

I'm a substitute teacher, and one of the boys in a class I subbed for was named 2Zadod. I thought there was a typo on the class roster, but it turned out that his name actually did start with a 2. Plus, the "ad" was apparently silent, because it was pronounced "Two-Zod."

• imagegreeneyed_bride:

2Zadod          (Yes, that's a number 2 at the beginning of the name.)

I'm a substitute teacher, and one of the boys in a class I subbed for was named 2Zadod. I thought there was a typo on the class roster, but it turned out that his name actually did start with a 2. Plus, the "ad" was apparently silent, because it was pronounced "Two-Zod."

I think you win.  Who starts a name with a 2?  Bless his heart.  He is in for a long road with that one. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • late to the game, but I wanted to add my two cents

DD has an african american girl in her class named Jemima (like the pancake syrup)

I went to school with a boy named Liberty Powers, who was born on the 4th of July

and I came across a baby named Payden Cash (paid in cash)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageChoicesMom:
    imagepsychgirl33:

I work at two schools in very low-income, high needs neighborhoods and we have a lot of kids whose names are not spelled in a way that makes sense phonetically or the "right" way.  Vowels don't sound the way that they do in standard English ("A"s sound like "E"s, etc) and there are some very strange consonant pairings that don't happen in Standard English are common.

Someone I know was saying something about the parents being jerks for naming their kids that, but really I think many of our parents are only semi-literate and it makes sense to them.  If you look at the spelling, a lot of our kids whose names are spelled oddly are spelled the way a 2nd or 3rd grader would spell them.

The names that really sounds awful to me are rhyming names!  My friend's dad was named "William Gilliam"...seriously?

I knew a James Janes.

My little brother went to school with a kid named Stoney Stone. 

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • My friend's grandfather is named Wylie Fox. That's maybe more awesome than horrible.

I went to high school with brothers named Cleat and Spike.  

• My old neighbor growing up named her son "Blue"... not sure of the middle name, but all I can think of is Little Boy Blue. 

A name that is very pretty, I'm just annoyed with lately is Nevaeh... it's Heaven spelled backwards. I completely understand and appreciate the meaning, it's just been overused lately... just my opinion. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My dental hygenist's married last name is Hood.  Her first name, Robyn. 

I also know a social worker whos married name is Robin Robins.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLuckyLucy10:

At one of the schools I work at:

girl- A'lyric

a friend of mine names her little boy Alyric. Stick out tongue Not sure if it is pronounced the same. His is pronounced Aleric

• i've had students named:

Sir Justice (first name)

Mr. Slahuddin (first name)

BabyFruit Ticker
    imagephoto ry400_zpsf92defef.jpeg="YOUR URL HERE" width="180px">
  • lp0lp0 member
    OMG some of these names are horrible! I used to do payroll for a company and one of the workers was named Harry Peters. It used to make me giggle everytime I saw his timecard, lol. 
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• I was in 4th grade with a girl whose full name was Crystal Chanda Leer. Crystal Chandelier?!! We thought her parents were nuts. My mom also works in public health, and there are little kids who go to the doctor there named MisterCraig, Courvoisier, and La-a (la dash la). It's quite unfortunate what people will name their children these days...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"