Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

at what age did lo outgrow/stop liking the swing?

Dd is 2.5 months and she still loves her swing.  However, I hear other moms of similar age babies saying that they're no longer using their swing.  When did you stop and why?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: at what age did lo outgrow/stop liking the swing?

• Options
    Ellie decided she didnt like it at about 5.5 months. Not sure why, she just refuses to go in it any more! She has two swing one at her grandparents and one at home and hates both!
  • Options
    We have a big baby, so I assume he will be out of his swing in the next week or so.  I'm trying to find him an exersaucer to replace it.
    Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Avery is starting to not like it either. Unfortunately, it was the only place I could get her to nap and now the second I put her in it, she screams. She wont nap in her crib either which means, she's not napping at all!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She out grew it at 5mo. The indicator? That she was pulling the mobile down so it clicked that loud clicking noise
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine's tolerating it less and less. He fusses every time we put him in. Maybe once a week he'll snooze in it for a few minutes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JDOJDO member
    W would still nap in his swing if we would let him, but he's gotten too big. He pulls himself to a sitting position and leans forward to grab his toes making the swing unsafe.
  • Options
    We still use ours and she loves it now more than ever.  We throw a blanket over her head while she's swinging and she loves ripping it off and laughing at us.
  • Options

imageAverysMom1118:
    Avery is starting to not like it either. Unfortunately, it was the only place I could get her to nap and now the second I put her in it, she screams. She wont nap in her crib either which means, she's not napping at all!

This sounds like my LO.  I wish she would use the swing as entertainment a little more, but no such luck, and putting her in it for naps can be a crapshoot.  She also does not like to nap in her crib, so not sure what we are going to do in the next little while.  Probably some sort of sleep training for nap time, who knows!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Natalie loved it until I made her stop.  We just had a small travel swing, and I quit using it when she could stretch out her arms, grab the legs, and hold herself still against the motion of the motor.  She thought it was a hilarious game to stop the swing.  I think she was maybe 9-10 months, but loved every minute in that swing!

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    DD1 was in it daily until 8 months. DD2 doesn't like it as much and is much bigger, so I don't think we'll last as long.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD is almost 6.5 months and we still use it.  She has reflux so we put her in the swing for about 15 minutes after she eats to keep her more upright.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Madaline is 5.5 months and she loves it. If she is anything like my sister's lo then we will have to transition to an outdoor swing soon!!!!
  • Options

I think she didn't like the swing anymore around 3 months.  She was able to stay sitting up (once put into the position) and able to reach for toys by 4 1/2 months.  I suspect she just outgrew the desire to be in it. 

Now, DD walks and runs these days and I babysit a little 4 month old.  DD LOVES the swing and bouncy seat now ;-)  She can climb into them on her own and she does very often.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"