Northern California Babies
Options

Ugh, bad diaper rash

I feel like such a bad mom. DD is always a little sensitive in her diaper area, but I try to stay on top of it with the Weleda cream which is the only one that helps. She had yeast once but I got rid of it immediately.

Last night I noticed some yeast starting, I bought some Clotrimazole right away and started it this morning. It actually looked OK this morning and I brought the cream and asked the person who took her over to her group to tell the teacher to use it, but she didn't, or they didn't and wow! It got so much worse. I also think they don't change her poopy diaper fast enough, but i don't know what to do about that. I am so distraught, I know it's just a diaper rash but I think she is also getting  a boil. I feel like I am to blame because I was not adamant enough about her diaper care. I left cream but they clearly aren't using it and then the medicine was untouched. I also was required to bring huggies wipes, but i know they cause a rash and I was told they would rinse them first but I don't know if that is happening either. Different people care for her during the day and I'm sure they don't all know that.

I am going in on Monday and having a talk with the Director. This is not going to work for us if they can't be a little more attentive! I feel terrible, when she had a nanny this was not an issue.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ugh, bad diaper rash

• Options
    that's awful! and it's NOT YOUR FAULT. It's their fault. I'd be talking to the director, too!
  • Options
    With Quincy, we made a sign to go above the changing table with his 'unique' diapering needs.  It was definitely something we kept on top of (and I'm sure it didn't make us their favorites)  It's definitely not your fault and it's only been one day.  I'm sure you'll work on a new plan for Monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :( That sucks, I would talk to the director as well. 
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options

I'm sorry too.  That sucks and I hope it's better today. 

You shouldn't have to be "adamant about her diaper care".  That is a basic of daycare, babies can't speak for themselves or help themselves.  Shame on that woman for not applying the cream properly or relaying the message to apply it.  I'd for sure talk with the director.

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagefricksgirl:

I'm sorry too.  That sucks and I hope it's better today. 

You shouldn't have to be "adamant about her diaper care".  That is a basic of daycare, babies can't speak for themselves or help themselves.  Shame on that woman for not applying the cream properly or relaying the message to apply it.  I'd for sure talk with the director.

That's what I would have thought, but I am dealing with a serious problem here. I think she has a cellulitis and I am calling in an oral antibiotic.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"