Northern California Babies

Would you have a medium come cleanse your house?

If you have no concerns about spiritual activity?

Our offices recently moved. To a building that was once a mortuary, many decades ago. Needless to say, those of us sensitive to the paranormal have experienced some things so we had a medium come at night and do a cleansing and help move the spirits to a better place (aaaaand, if you think this stuff is hokey you've probably already stopped reading, as you should, lol).

She does residences also and I'm really tempted to have her come to our house and see what she finds. But then again, it really freaks me out - what if she found a lot of activity or something?? We don't have any cause for concern at home so even though I'm super curious it kind of seems like playing with fire.

Your thoughts?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Would you have a medium come cleanse your house?

• It would depend on how you feel about your home. If I didn't have any concerns about the place, I wouldn't have a medium come... unless I had a whole lot of discretionary spending :)

However, if there was anything that ever made my hair stand on end, for no good reason, I might.

• Burn sage and be done with it. That's what my "sensitive" friend told me to do. We didn't necessarily need it for our house. We picked up an antique that is beautiful but we could stop shaking the feeling that we also brought home something that we didn't bargain on. We burned some sage per our friend's advice and went back to life as usual. Funny feeling gone. 

So per her instructions, you light the sage on fire but you don't walk around with it on fire. You blow on it until it is smoldering/smoking and you wave around the smoke. It's supposed to clear any and all spirits (or whatever you call them) out of your house. The only reason you don't want to do this is if you have a relative that died in the house that you suspect is still there and you want to keep. If you believe all of that... 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • First off, I want to say this makes me crush on you harder. ;)

Secondly, I have thought about it.  Both of my dogs passed away in front of our house in equally horrific ways.  I was devastated and felt like maybe our new home was cursed.  I thought about burning white sage and probably will at some point.

• If I was happy at home and had no reason to suspect anything, I wouldn't invite a medium over. 

It's funny you mention this.  Previous places I've lived have given me the way bad heebejeebies. I'm super sensitive to it and have a hard time adjusting to new places and getting used to the spirits there.  In our last place, the room that became the nursery was closed and shut and never entered for YEARs because it made me just feel awful.  I eventually got over it but only after C was here and some how that chased whatever it was away.

Now we live in an even older house.  A house the neighbors say had a crazy owner who is no longer living.  Her son (who was an only child) owns the house but it is kept in a trust for him because he can't manage his own finances (even though we estimate he would be at least 65).  And I've never felt anything even slightly amiss there and I'm so very glad.  I totally feel like the former owner wants us there. 

• People died in my house. I don't think I'd have a medium come and cleanse the space because that assigns negative connotations with the dead that I don't think are necessary. Dead people aren't bad or scary, and if there WERE spirits around, I don't think they deserve to be booted just because I happen to exist in a more physical realm than they do.
  • Yes.  I have planned on having my medium/energist (who I see on a semi regular basis for personal energy cleansing) come and cleanse my new home (when I purchase one) because I don't want anyone elses bad ju-ju.   
  • imageAvaLikeLava:

It would depend on how you feel about your home. If I didn't have any concerns about the place, I wouldn't have a medium come... unless I had a whole lot of discretionary spending :)

However, if there was anything that ever made my hair stand on end, for no good reason, I might.

This.

I am very sensitive as well. And as unreal as people may want to believe my uncle lived in a home with activity. Like, kind of major activity (pottery being moved at night, dusty hand prints on them, cool breezes moving through the house when no windows or doors were open). They had a medium come "cleanse". The activity didn't *bother* them persey. They weren't scared...  It just seemed as though a previous tenant who had died there in hospice care needed some closure. Make sense?

This is the main reason I am not Athiest. I don't particularly believe in all the biblical stuff, but I don't believe we are just worm food either.  

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • imagealibee09:
    People died in my house. I don't think I'd have a medium come and cleanse the space because that assigns negative connotations with the dead that I don't think are necessary. Dead people aren't bad or scary, and if there WERE spirits around, I don't think they deserve to be booted just because I happen to exist in a more physical realm than they do.

True, but my belief is that these spirits are stuck here and it's not the ideal place to be. By helping them move to a better place, I do think the medium is helping them. I had a spirit in one of my houses that was very sweet.

• imagemrscerruti2be:

First off, I want to say this makes me crush on you harder. ;)

Secondly, I have thought about it.  Both of my dogs passed away in front of our house in equally horrific ways.  I was devastated and felt like maybe our new home was cursed.  I thought about burning white sage and probably will at some point.

Mwwwah! One of these days we shall meet. Preferably not at a seance, though. 

• bunchbunch member

I've saged houses/apartment before.  That always seems to do the trick and get rid of any funny feelings DH or I are having.  Haven't felt the need to spend the extra- but I don't know how much they'd cost, so maybe!

I guess I'd be open to it, but I wouldn't want them to tell me what they found- just clean it all out.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It's not a bad thing to smudge (burning white sage) your home.  It's a cleansing, not just of spirits, but of leftover energy.  It doesn't have to come from a bad place or a want to rid your home of something, but it's a wiping of the slate, a fresh start.  You can do it for a home or a person, after an event (good or bad).

If you don't have the intent to usher someone on to the next plain then they won't go.

My birth father, who does not claim to have any gifts or abilities, nor claims to be a medium often smudges his home, his person, his family pets.  He follows a Native American belief system and it's a common ritual.

You aren't opening a vortex into hell, so I say why not.

• I totally would if I sensed there was a presence that needed to be taken care of.  If I didn't sense anything, I would not spend the money and I would be too afraid of stirring things up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Man, now all I can think of now is Zelda Rubenstein from Poltergeist saying "this house is clean." 

I've smudged with sage before. Maybe try that first, then invite Zelda over next. 

• I would not do it if I didnt have cause for concern. But if I had concern I would do it if it wasnt too pricey

Did it work at your work??

Can I ask how much it cost?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • No, not if I didn't have concern.  I would burn sage if I felt slightly "off" in the house, like tiki said.
  • imagesoon2Bkranz:

I would not do it if I didnt have cause for concern. But if I had concern I would do it if it wasnt too pricey

Did it work at your work??

Can I ask how much it cost?

Did it work? Yes and no. There were numerous spirits who were happy to have the help to move on, and one that does not want to. He/she is in one of the bathrooms. Apparently this spirit tried to scare the medium and then shut the "door" so she couldn't get through to him/her. She is coming back to finish that....

It was $200. For that she comes back until it's finished and because she does a lot of office spaces, she also will do a meeting with the staff to let them (the ones interested) know what she found, what she found in each of our areas, things we can do at home and work. 

We did the sage before we moved in, but it was not enough. Not even close in this place!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"